VIVONE/CHIARAVALLE -THANK YOU to my Angels!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
wandah

VIVONE/CHIARAVALLE -THANK YOU to my Angels!

Post by wandah »

I am so truly grateful to those who responded to my inquiry on my grandparents --they got it right--Guiseppe Vivona from Rovito , and I now have my great grandmothers name--
LUIGINA ARNIERI....I am so excited to share this with my family.
My mom passed away 4 years ago and did not have much information ---but I am sure she is smiling down on all of you for helping me!
I will keep working on this and if anyone has any info on LUIGINA ARNIERI of Rovito Cosenza I would be soooo delighted!
Oh I am so thrilled you have no idea!!! You have all made my day!Thank you,thank you thank you!

love to all

Wanda
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: VIVONE/CHIARAVALLE -THANK YOU to my Angels!

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi Wanda,

This is the official site of the records archive of Cosenza. You may have some luck finding your grandmother. You have to register (it's free) and in the upper right change the language to english. After that just put in her surname and hit search. Good luck and let us know what you find.

http://88.59.143.158/ascs_web/login_ric ... 1241.node1

Elizabeth

Edit to add comment.........sorry I posted this same link on your first thread, hope it was useful.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Wanda,

It's great to when a member has been successful in obtaining information that they were looking for and even better when they come back and share that success with us. Keep digging and Good Luck.

Billie, thanks for providing the link. I don't think you can ever provide a useful link too much! I love the Cosenza Archive site and I'm sure others do as well! :)
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
wandah

Post by wandah »

Hello
Thanks for the link to the Cosenza Archives--
I think I have it figured out, I was so excited about the newest information I lost my mind!

Great Grandmother Luigina Arnieri
Great Grandfather Francesco Chiaravalle
Grandmother Raeffela Chiaravalle
Grandfather Guiseppe Vivona

I am still looking for more info on my great grandparents ...
I love researching this --and finding my roots!

Thanks to everyone....I clicked on the link on the page here to go to cosenza forum--and that worked for me.
Thanks!

Wanda
Waterloo,Ontario
Canada :D
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Wanda,

Don't forget to play with variations of spelling as the site is still full of transcriptions errors. I also noticed that some of the surnames I am researching changed spelling through the years so keep all your options open.

BTW..I see you're from Waterloo. I live in Toronto. How do you like this latest bit of weathering we are experiencing. I hear more snow is in the forecast in the next few days. (Which is great for me 'cause i have an excuse to stay in a play with the archive site a bit more). :)
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
wandah

Post by wandah »

Hi There
Thanks for the info, I am still waiting for my registration confirmation to activate the site!

Waterloo --Toronto --ah yes call us the snow babies! the storm coming for Monday 20-25cm but with blowing snow--hmm --reminds me of the weather channel commercial where the guy falls down and cries when he sees more snow!!

Well, I am trying to put together the pieces of our history--I find it fascinating, how I would love to know why they came, what they faced, how they adapted. Baby steps first I suppose, and thanks for your support

Monday might be a Snow Day :lol: