Phone listings - Tunisia?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lilbees
Master
Master

Phone listings - Tunisia?

Post by lilbees »

Okay, I have tried numberway and other methods to locate any living family members in Tunisia with no luck. I have put in every conceivable name, etc. to see if I can locate anyone. I have had no luck since, in order to fill out the online form, you must have an exact first name which I do not have. I do have names of living relatives but am not able to locate them or find a way to contact them.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I realize that many people now only have a cell phone instead of a landline but there are no information services for cell phone numbers. At least not there.

Thank you,
lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Phone listings - Tunisia?

Post by PeterTimber »

Not knowing anything about the situation the only thing that I can offer is to contact the Italian Consulate for BMD information from 1873 to 1920 when the French took over.
Marriage records are complete from August, 1957 and for any civil marriages performed prior to that date.

The Prelate of Tunis keeps records for all persons of the catholic faith baptized inTunisia. I certainly hope this helps in some way. =Peter=
~Peter~
lilbees
Master
Master

Re: Phone listings - Tunisia?

Post by lilbees »

Thank you Peter. Been there, done that. I am posting my question because you have been such a great help in the past.

The Italian Consulate refers all requests for information to the Prelature. I have now dealt with them for some time. Even called Washington and talked with them there. I do have all the records for those born/married/died in Tunisia. I have also obtained records from Sicily and mainland Italy.

That, in comparison, is the easy part. I have even wrote to hotels and travel agencies to see if I could get information. No luck!

I am looking for living family members.. The most recent family member was born 1952. There are many others born 1940 to 1952. I am sure there are many others. This, as it turns out, is a very large family.

Would like to make contact with any of them. (anyone have a stray phonebook, etc. from there?)

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa