update

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
idmaclean
Rookie
Rookie

update

Post by idmaclean »

I have been trying to obtain my GGF's birth or baptismal record from his small town in Italy.

Here is the letter I received today ( i have omitted some less important details): :P

In merito alla sua richiesta avvenuto (come si presume) nei mesi di Giugno, o succesivi, dello anno 1864, le comunico che:

i registri di battesimo della parrocchia di S. Margherita iniziano nel 1964, quidi per la sua richiesta la parrocchia di S. marherita e esclusa

i registri di battesimo della parocchia di S. Pietro Apostolo in Brenton di Ronca che iniziano nel 1820 si trovano nell'archivo della Curia di Vicenza dal 3 luglio 2008. e probable che li cu sia il certificato che lei richiede

Lunedi 23.03.2009 ho telefonato alla Curia di Vicenza per far presente la sua richiesta, faro anche pervenire via fax la sua letter del 16 marzo 2009 e copia di questa lettera che spediro a lei. Un particolare: lei ha scritto il cognome di sua bisnonna "Fougaro", penso che sia invece "Fongaro", infatti ancora oggi esistono delle famiglie con detto cognome.

Lunedi 23.03.2009 ho parlato per telefono con la signora attende le due lettere che le ho accennate sopra, e poi fara presente la sua richiesta al responsabile dell'archivio Mons. Antonio Marangon.

Cordiali saluti e auguri di ogni bene

and my translation in english:

Regarding its request occurred (as is assumed) in the months of June, or successive, the years 1864, to announce that:

baptismal records of the parish of St. Margaret began in 1964 quid for his request, the parish of St. marherita and excluded

the records of the baptism of St. Parocchi Peter the Apostle in Brenton Ronca beginning in 1820 are located in the Curia of Vicenza from 3 July 2008. and cu probable that both the certificate requires that you

Monday, 23.03.2009 I phoned to the Curia of Vicenza to present his request, I will also send via fax your letter of 16 March 2009 and a copy of this letter you will send to you. One particular: she wrote the name of her great grandmother "Fougaro" I think it is rather "Fongaro", still today there are families with that surname.

Monday, 23.03.2009 I spoke by phone with the lady awaits the two letters I mentioned above, and then will present its request to the Head of the Archbishop Antonio Marangon.

Kindest regards and best wishes of all good
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: update

Post by PeterTimber »

...after 2008 it should read "probably that is where the document you request is located"

The earlier phrase after 1964 "your request at the parish of Santa margherita is excluded"

=Peter=
~Peter~
idmaclean
Rookie
Rookie

Re: update

Post by idmaclean »

that's pretty much how I interpreted the rough translation. pretty nice of the guy to make some calls for a perfect stranger.