Umberto "Alberto" Parenti of Castelvecchio/Lucca

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
carloparenti

Umberto "Alberto" Parenti of Castelvecchio/Lucca

Post by carloparenti »

I cannot find any more information about Umberto after he came into New Brunswick, Canada in 1920. He eventually turned up in Half Moon Bay, California for the 1930 census under "Alberto" after that he really did just disappear for good.

I noticed that it states Giovanni was meeting his brother "Paris" which I am certain this was not his name and there is a Vittorio Parenti that came to meet a cousin in Niagara Falls.

So there is Carmina coming with Umberto to meet Giovanni her husband in Corning, New York which is not too far from Niagara Falls but I know they had more family in Chicago.

I cannot find any information on his sisters "Nella" "Lina" or "Yolanda" which I am thinking they were all born here after Carmina arrived since Umberto was the oldest child when he arrived at age 15 months from Castlevecchio.

The sisters names went from Parenti to the following Nella Iacopetti, Lina DelPorto, Yolanda Massoni (husband Rudolfo or Rodolfo.)

My Mom's Aunt Nella was the only one who stayed in touch with my mother Norma because she felt bad that Umberto left his wife Alice and returned/deported back to Italy. My mom said deported as this is what she was told by her mother Alice.

Sorry for the long post but I really need assistance as me and my sister are the last American Parenti's to file for jure sangunis under Umberto.

By the way they all died back in Italy his mother Carmina died in 1967, Umberto in 1951 and Giovanni in 1942.

Aunt Nella left power of attorney to my mother from her share of the family land back there, who then passed it on to us and there is another name mentioned on it "Arbini" in San Rafael, California.