Martino from Venosa

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Lucila

Martino from Venosa

Post by Lucila »

Do you know someone from this family? My grandfather was Donato Martino, was born in january,1900. His parents were Victor Martino and Maria Antonia Trotta. Would like to know more from my family. Thanks.
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Martino from Venosa

Post by ptimber »

There are presently persons in Venosa with trhe Martino Surname. If you go to www.paginebianche.it and insert the Martino surname int he first line and Venosa int he third lione and click CERCA all 9 listings will appear by name,address and telephone number. Having referred you to this website, what infoirmation are you seeking? I could write a book on what you have to do in order to locate your family. Usually the practice is to to research by goling backward from the USA to Italy and people usually do this by going to the www.ellisisland.org websitge and then to Italy where they can request documents.
The civil records going back from 1860 to 1809 can also be found on micorfilm at the family History Library of the Mormon church nearest your home and can be rented for a small fee. The birth,mnarriages and death records and family members can be researched thru the microfilm. If you wish to obtain documents then you will have to write to the Ufficio di Stato Ciuvile in venosa giving them the full name and date of birth for the birth,marriage or death record. Peter
Lucila

Post by Lucila »

Thanks, I have the papers already. I just want to know if there is someone of my family there. Just for curiosity.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Why didn't you say so in the first place chiquita. Peter