Barbieri Families with roots in Cerreto Sannita, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mbarberi

Re: Barbieri Families with roots in Cerreto Sannita, Italy

Post by mbarberi »

As you probably know, the Barbieri surname is very common in Italy. Hence, unless Margarita Barbieri came from Cerreto Sannita or a nearby town, I would be of limited help to you. If you find Margarita Barbieri in the US Census Records, you may be able to determine her date of immigration. Armed with her DOI, you may be able to find her NY Passenger Record and the town of origin in Italy. At that point, I can help you navigate the Italian Civil Records and Church Records and, if necessary, give you the name of a genealogist in Italy.

Regards,

Mike Barberi
Looking for any distant Barbieri cousin from the US or Italy with roots in Cerreto Sannita, Italy. I have 2500 Barbieri records from 1579-1899 representing my direct Barbieri ancestors and all other Barbieri's from Cerreto. I also have many other Barbieri records from nearby towns such as Pietraroja and San Lorenzello. Other surnames (people who married a Barbieri from Cerreto) between 1579-1899 are: Fazzini, Civile, Mastroianni, Giamei, Milotta, Amodio, Ciaburro, Cappella, Marchitto, Litrenta, Barile, Angino, Fappiano, Bellucci, Mendillo, Petronzi, Iacobelli, Petrillo, Ulizio, D'Andrea, Stanco, Cofrancesco, others.
I welcome all inqueries. Anyone can contact me at: michaelbarbieri.com.

Regards,
Mike Barberi
Felitti-Trimarco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Felitti-Trimarco »

Any connection to my Margherita Barbieri Mike? Just curious. I'd love to know what happened to her after 1906. Let me know if you're interested in having her marriage record from NYC 1898.
mbarberi

Post by mbarberi »

If you don't have access to Ancestry.com or other genealogy websites, I would be willing to help you get started. I have been doing this stuff for 10 years now. I may have a Margarita Barbieri in my database. Nevertheless, let me do some research and I will get back to you. If you have any other information about Margarita or her husband, let me know. You can scan and email me her marriage record at michaelbarberi@yahoo.com. In any case, I will start with the information you provided previously. I may not be related to Margarita but since she is a Barbieri, I am glad to help. Lol!

Regards,
Mike Barberi
Looking for any distant Barbieri cousin from the US or Italy with roots in Cerreto Sannita, Italy. I have 2500 Barbieri records from 1579-1899 representing my direct Barbieri ancestors and all other Barbieri's from Cerreto. I also have many other Barbieri records from nearby towns such as Pietraroja and San Lorenzello. Other surnames (people who married a Barbieri from Cerreto) between 1579-1899 are: Fazzini, Civile, Mastroianni, Giamei, Milotta, Amodio, Ciaburro, Cappella, Marchitto, Litrenta, Barile, Angino, Fappiano, Bellucci, Mendillo, Petronzi, Iacobelli, Petrillo, Ulizio, D'Andrea, Stanco, Cofrancesco, others.

Regards,
Mike Barberi
tcascell

Post by tcascell »

Michael do you happen to know a Don Crivellone he also has a lot of Barbieri in his family tree. I have a Barbieri as part of my tree way back from Cantalupo nel Sannio, Italy.

Let me know about Don if you know him. If not I will get you together with him.

Anthony Cascella
Palm Beach, Fl.
acascella@italy1890.com
mbarberi

Post by mbarberi »

Anthony:

I don't know Don Crivellone but would be happy to correspond with him about Barbieri's.

Thanks,

Mike Barberi

Regards,
Mike Barberi
tcascell

Post by tcascell »

http://home.windstream.net/doncriv/clp% ... 0trees.htm

This will link to the Barbieri family tree of the Crivellone Family. You can link to Don here to.

Keep in touch.

Anthony Cascella
tcascell

Post by tcascell »

Mike

Here is another one of Don's link's for you. He said to get in touch with him.

http://www.mindspring.com/~criv/

Here is a note from him to you.

Mike, My mother was a Barbieri, she past in 1969. She was born in Cantalupo nel Sannio - Molise. Her grandfather was Giovanni Barbieri from Bolzone near Milan, who was with the Caribinari and moved to Cantalupuo nel Sannio. Every Barbieri from Cantalupo dirives from him. See Family Trees in Cantalupesi web page below. Giovannis father was Vincenzo, who I know nothing about.

If you can make a connection that would be great.

Don Crivellone
Donald P Crivellone [doncriv@windstream.net]

Hope this helps you

Anthony Cascella acascella@italy1890.com
TGiamei59

Post by TGiamei59 »

Hello Mike,

The only Barbieri families I know are here in Worcester Ma. I myself am a Giamei and have family in Cerreto Sannita but none are married. It's nice meeting you.

Tina Giamei
Patty-AnnDiLella

Post by Patty-AnnDiLella »

To M. Barberi, My name is Patty-Ann DiLella. I am looking for information regarding my Grandparents & my Great Grandparents. I am looking for information about Pasqualina Barbieri, born November 24, 1886 in/or around Cerreto Sannita, Italy. I believe her parents names were Felix Barbieri and Antoinetta (I do not have Antoinetta maiden name). Pasqualina was married in Italy to Biagio Bernardo DiLella. He was born August 20, 1877 in Cerreto Sannita, Italy. I am looking for any information regarding my grandparents and my great-grandparent, their birth records, baptismal, confirmation, marriage; death certificate information about Felix & Antoinetta Barbieri. Antoinetta's maiden name, etc. Thank you.
Patty-AnnDiLella

Hello Mike Barbier, I am looking for my grandmother's parents & their relatives in Cerreto Sannita, Italy. My grandmother's name is Pasqualina Barbieri. She married Biagio Bernardo DiLella. Pasqualina's Date of Birth 11/24/1886. I believe Pasqualina's mother name was Antoinetta ______ & her father's name Felix Barbieri. Biagio B. DiLella Date of Birth 08/20/1877. I believe Biagio B. DiLella's mother maiden name was Philomena Branca. Pasqualina & Biagio were married in Italy & came to Newburg, New York, USA in abt the late 1800's early 1900's. I am looking for information about their early years before they migrated to the USA. Any help would be appreciated. You seem to have lots of information Thank you for any help you can provide, Patty-Ann DiLella
RBarbieri

Post by RBarbieri »

Patty-AnnDiLella - Michael Barberi and I conducted a lot of joint research. If you've been corresponding with him I won't have anything additional to add. If you haven't, let me know as I do have some of the information you're looking for. Pasqualina was my first cousin twice removed so you and I are related.

Rich Barbieri
Patty-AnnDiLella

Dear Rich Barbieri, I am sooo happy to hear from you. I have NOT been able to correspond with Michael Barbieri. I started to get very very discouraged. My husband and I have a Family Tree. I have no information going back to my grandmother Pasqualina Barbieri-DiLella. I am interested in any information you may have and of course our connecting family relationship. I would to know Pasqualina Barbieri-DiLella's mother & father. Pasqualina's mother maiden name. I think Pasqualina's mother's name was Antoinette ________-Barbieri. When Pasqualina's mother was born, where she was born, any history about her aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. Also about Pasqualina's father, whom I believe was Felix (Felice) Barbieri and his history and the history about his parents and brothers, aunts, cousins you may have. Thank you again, Patty-ann DiLella
pbarbi

Post by pbarbi »

Hi Mike,

My grandfather, Pietro Antonio Barbieri was born in Cerreto on June 29, 1883.
He came to the U.S. in 1898 and settled in Waterbury, CT in 1899. He married Lucia (Lucy) Meo
and with her had six children: Frank, Thomas, Germina, Leonard, Carmella, and Jerome.
Pietro's wife Lucia died in the 1918-1919 pandemic influenza.

Do you have more information such as port of entry; I've tried to locate Pietro's file with Ellis Island
and have had no luck.

Thanks,
Peter Barbieri
mjbarberi

Post by mjbarberi »

Peter,

I believe I have corresponded with you on this subject. If not, let me know.

Mike
giselnatalia

Post by giselnatalia »

Hi! i'm looking for my grandpa's family:
- His name was Francisco Nicolas Barbieri, born in 1918 Rosario, Argentina.
- His father was Carlos Barbieri (1895-x) and his mother Dominga Tripaldi (1894 or 1890 - x) both born in Catanzaro (Italy) and married in Rosario (Argentina), 1917.
- Dominga's passport says she was born in Nicotera. Her parents were Francisco Tripaldi and Isabel Brosio. They also had another son Felipe Tripaldi. Who had children with Felisa Fernandez (Spanish woman):Francisco, Felipe, Porota (nickname) Mario & Angelica.
- Carlos' parents were: Nicolas Barbieri and Isabel Mazzeo.
I'm looking for Dominga & Carlos' birth documents or any data that could reach me to their birth certificate. Could you please help me with my search?
Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Gisel