D'Assisi

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
dassisi
Rookie
Rookie

D'Assisi

Post by dassisi »

My grandfather Francesco D'Assisi and uncle Domenico D'Assisi migrated from Calabria Italy in the late 1920's to Buenos Aires Argentina, can any one help locate any relatives and how to obatin a death certificate. all help will be much appreciated
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: D'Assisi

Post by suanj »

dassisi wrote:My grandfather Francesco D'Assisi and uncle Domenico D'Assisi migrated from Calabria Italy in the late 1920's to Buenos Aires Argentina, can any one help locate any relatives and how to obatin a death certificate. all help will be much appreciated
The D'Assisi surname not are very diffused, and coming from Sicily and Calabria regions.. In Calabria D'Assisi surname sure was present in:
- Petilia Policastro(Crotone province), in ex-Nicastro town-now Lamezia Terme(Catanzaro province), and in SamBiase (Catanzaro province)..this are living D'Assisi persons in Calabria region http://www.paginebianche.it/pb/cerca?bt ... ia&x=0&y=0

--suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Once you know the town and year of death then you can either write to AUfficio di Stato Civile in the town in italian or go to the microfil for civilk records for the town in the Family History Library of the Mormon church. Please get back if you wish to write to Italy and need a form letter. Peter
dassisi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dassisi »

peter, I apologise for replying to your private email, I am still new at this, if you can help with how to obatin a death certificate for Francesco & Domenico D'Assisi in Buenos Aires please let me know how to go about it.
Regards Emilia
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The registro civil for Buenos Aires is the place to go for death records but you must knoiw spanish. The website is www.registrocivil.gov.ar and you must know full names and at least the year oif death. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There is one person who may be related and he is JORGE D'ASSISI,SUIPACHA 3708, REMEDIOS DE ESCALADA,BUENOSIRES< ARGENTINA. Hi stelephone number is 011-4202-1758.

You can eiuther write him a letter in Spanish or Italian or even simple english. Try using www.freetranslation.com and ask him if he is related to you. Peter