Update on Roberto Pasquale, asking for a little help

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
LaBud
Veteran
Veteran

Update on Roberto Pasquale, asking for a little help

Post by LaBud »

Hello Everyone
I have been gone for a bit doing extensive research which has kept me up day and night, but worth every minute.
I have located Giovanni's brother's Gabriel and also "the infamous" Umberto (Roberto) Pasquale....on 2 occasions...Finally!!!
I had closed the chapter on Roberto until I found this. :D

Gabriel and his brother Luigi 1st came to America between 1897-1908 which I have already posted. I haven't located Gabriel's wife yet, Domenica Sandonato, I'm getting there slowly but surely.
However, I did locate Umberto joining his brother Gabriel in 1903 at the famous Webster Ave, Pa. address, and I am thrilled.
Yes, there are other relatives traveling with him but he is Brother John's huge "Bingo" from Me.

Big Brother John..today's your lucky day...Enjoy!

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0005

Now how they all came to Boston..who knows...they grabbed a Taxi...
but the best part is I located Umberto (Roberto) again greeting a friend in Boston and I am beyond happy...these are tears of joy I have.

His friend /relative is "Antonio Montecaldo" arriving on the Cretic 11 May1914

If someone out there would be so kind to post if for me from Ancestry, I would be truly greatful.
I really wish I had flashing lights for this one....

Grazie, Grazie, Grazie
LaBud
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Update on Roberto Pasquale, asking for a little help

Post by sal4 »

onio Montecaldo
Arrival Date: 11 May 1914
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1885
Ethnic Background: Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ship Name: Cretic
Port of Arrival: Boston, Massachusetts
Friend's Name: Roberto Pasquale
Last Residence: Italy
Birthplace: Porser, Italy
Microfilm Roll Number: 218

I haven't been able to attach the entire ship manifest....If you send me your pm I will attach it for you......Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
LaBud
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LaBud »

Grazie Sal4...great job and much appreciated.
I knew if I tried long enough Umberto (Roberto) would show up someplace and he did. Just to finally see his name is very rewarding.

It will be interesting to see what the rest of the manifest shows. :)

You are a Gem. :)

LaBud
LaBud
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LaBud »

Hi Sal4,
Thankyou so much for all your help. Between the phone, PM's, mail, I hope you finally got to eat. :wink:

I wanted to share with you, I just got another mail on Umberto/Roberto
with excellent news.

Antonio Montecaldo left his wife Giovanna Russo in Italy and was greeted in Boston, Ma. by his "cousin" Roberto Pasquale 1 No. Square "The Grand Hotel is what we call it at this point. :lol:

Doing the happy dance here for sure. :D

Grazie Grazie Grazie
LaBud
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Yes Thank You, I finally got to eat.....I was looking at the ship manifest and it does not give an address to where they are going.....It states that he is going to be with is wife in Boston Mass, it reads if you look closely she is in Boston, not back in Italy as the info you just found.... I want to see if there is a second page to the manifest.......I will let you know......Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Sorry........ :( As I look at the manifest more, it does show she is in Italy, every manifest is different as I'm finding out.I have sent you the second page of the manifest to your personal e-mail......I will start looking for the other people you mentioned in your e-mail..........We will see what I can find for you....Sal4
LaBud
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LaBud »

Hey Sal4
I got your mail just fine...#20 is our man for sure :D
You are right about reading these Manifests, when you scroll, your eyes scroll to other lines and then you end up not knowing what line you wanted or even who you were looking for. :roll:

Big Brother John is going to be delighted with this wonderful news.
You sure have been a blessing. :D
Grazie, LaBud
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Hi....I need a little more info on Bambina Pasquale...do you know when she may of arrived in the US and by any chance could you be wrong on the name of Bernadino? I found a Bambina Forcucci that arrived in 1912.....Please advise...Sal4
cheeseplease538

Post by cheeseplease538 »

I am also desperate for any information on Bambina Forcucci/Gentile she arrived her with a Pasquale from Prezza to Boston. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. We know nothing of our history before she got off the boat.