USINS Geneaology program response...Now what?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
jeannierivera
Rookie
Rookie

USINS Geneaology program response...Now what?

Post by jeannierivera »

I received a response finally....I send my request to the new Genealogy Program for Naturalization info on my gg-gf in Aug the first day the program started - so it took a few months to get a response. And as I suspected - no record exists... this I know does not replace the letter of "No record found" that I am going to need, so what do I do now?

I am reading that I will need the "No record found" letter, a letter for NARA, and a census report? Anyone have any input (Miami Consulate)

Also, does anyone know where I write to now, with the Geneology response in hand to get the "Letter of No Record Found" from USINS? Starting to spin in circles...
matta
Rookie
Rookie

Re: USINS Geneaology program response...Now what?

Post by matta »

You actually have the "no record found" letter. You need the certificate of non-existence. The former is a letter stating that they did a search and it came up empty. The latter is a certificate stating that the person never naturalized.

Here are the addresses I know of: http://www.icgsmb.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=3383
jeannierivera
Rookie
Rookie

Re: USINS Geneaology program response...Now what?

Post by jeannierivera »

Thanks that was an important bit of missing info on my part. :)