Marralli Emigration

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
czeffer
Rookie
Rookie

Marralli Emigration

Post by czeffer »

Folks on this board have been very helpful in the past so I'm hoping you can help me again.

I'm working on my husbands Marrali line. I know that his great grandmother, Maddelana, had 2 children before she left Italy - I have found this through written evidence andd information given to me by a great aunt who is related through marriage. According to the aunt their names were Angeline and Annette. These women would be my mother-in-laws aunts - but she doesn't know much about them because there was a large gap in the children and also Maddelana and her husband Vincenzo, died young - leaving behind little information.

According to the great aunt - Angeline and Annette came over but Annette had to return to Italy because her eyes were not perfect - this is what she heard. She returned to live with her grandparents in Italy.

On a ship manifest for the SS Anna that departed Paleramo on 9 Oct 1913 - arriving in NY 22 Oct 1913 Maddelana is listed by her maiden name D'Andrea (which I hear is common), plus Vincenzo and Angela is incorrectly listed as Angelo. I can't find anything to show Annette ever came here. And they don't have records of people leaving the US.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Grazie mille - Cheryl