If Application is rejected (NYC)...

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
arist
Rookie
Rookie

If Application is rejected (NYC)...

Post by arist »

I'm concerned my application will be rejected due to the fact that my GGF was born in NYC before 1912 to my never-naturalized GGGF.

I'm wondering if my application IS rejected, will they give me back all of the papers, and send me on my way, or keep them?

If I am turned away, I'm willing to move to NJ to apply there (with the same set of documents hopefully) Or anywhere else for that matter.

Is this a possibility?
mler
Master
Master

Re: If Application is rejected (NYC)...

Post by mler »

If your application is rejected on that basis, you will be told on the spot, and you can take your papers with you. I don't know if NJ is any easier than NY, but I've yet to hear of someone turned down in Newark because of a 1912 issue. BTW, I applied in both NY and Newark (long story). When my citizenship was recognized in NY, I went to the Newark consulate and asked that my entire file be returned. It was.

I still think your bigger problem is your GF's naturalization. Be careful with this one. Newark is one of the many consulates that does not recognize citizenship until the application is accepted and registered at the comune.