Jews have records of birth?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Rachis
Veteran
Veteran

Jews have records of birth?

Post by Rachis »

Jews have records of births, marriages and deaths?
Rachis
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Jews have records of birth?

Post by Rachis »

Jewish communities have registries where they mark the birth?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Since Italian born persons of the Jewish religion are citizens of Italy their births, marriages and deaths should be treated similarly to all other citizens. Birth records in Italy have no religious designation so everyone would be registered as a citizen born in Italy unless there are some special treatments for people whose religon is Jewish in the Stato Civile of the comune where they were born. =Peter=
~Peter~
Rachis
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rachis »

Peter, I wanted to know if the Jews have their own registers of the sacraments: baptism, weddings ..
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Yes they do but the advisory I have states that persons of Italian -Jewish heritage should contact the rabbi at a synagogue inthe city in which the persons being sought resided. Jewish cemeteries are also a good source of information since Jewish cemeteriues are left undisturbed so there are tombstones and family plots that date back 100's of years. =Peter-
~Peter~
Rachis
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rachis »

The books of marriage preserves them Rabbi.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Originally Ciurcumcision and Marriage books were kept by Rabbi's from the 16th century were mostly destroyed by the nazis during WW11.

Only Jewish researchers can now access the remaining books in Israel and the computerized indexes to them. Non jewish researchers do not have access to them. =Peter=
~Peter~
Rachis
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rachis »

The books of Jewish marriage in New York where am?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

all marriage books (so they state) in the world are in Israel with indexes. If Jewish people wish to research they must see rabbi at the synagogue .

To find books on Italian Jews you go to FHL catalog under JEWS-Italy

=Peter=
~Peter~
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Peter

Rachis uses an online translator to post her, so you understand how questions become distorted. She is looking for New York and USA records.

Here is a previous discussion.

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... 15685.html
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... 15731.html

Perhaps you can help, in Italian. I am trying to find out if any NY libraries have been contacted to request obits. I have tried many online subscription services for Frecentese and Pepitone without success. Perhaps you can help clarify the goal and we can determine a research path.

Debbie
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Debbie there is a title insurance company for direct consumer contact at www.titlevestdirect.com which can be contacted by someone who speaks english and request the information or possibly write to them with the questionand ask how much for the "search".

I went to the US census for the address 328 Cross Bay Blvd but the tract # is 1072.1 but when I put in Cohen or Frecentese it came up negative. It does not appear to give younames but will check the name. Census with names are released after 72 years!!
http://www.factfinder.census.gov/home/s ... ng=en&_ts=
is the website for the census for 2000 and then other census for each year up to 8000 without names but will check to see if your input name resides there...I am confused at this point but frankly I think the title insurance company will furnish all the data they are seeking. =Peter=

\
~Peter~
Rachis
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rachis »

Debbie and Peter I apologize for English. I only use the online translator. My English is horrible.
My goal is to have a lot of information about William and Celia.
It seems that their life has been very opposed. I have written letters to priests and rabbis but nobody has given me (or wanted to) information.
I seek the name of Celia. With ACRIS I knew that a neighbor named Faye Cohen Pepitone, heir to Celia. Then Sara Cohen is heir. Then came the heir D'Agostino. Are his relatives: cousin, sister?
Celia may have the surname Cohen.
I'm trying all avenues possible to come to know the surname of Celia as young female, the date of marriage.
I tried to take the marriage certificate but they told me that you need the surname of Celia young.
I tried to ask the death certificate of Celia, but they asked me if I have the certificate of discharge.
If I knew the names of relatives of Celia could write for news ...
Debbie and Peter, thanks for your research.

Rachis
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Rachis

I understand, you are searching for the maiden name of Celia.

Have you asked any library to look for an obituary??

Debbie
Rachis
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rachis »

I asked the obituary for Celia. I need the card for the library. I can not have the card because I'm Italian!
Rachis
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rachis »

The subscriber newspaperarchive.com told me that there not are obituaries of Celia.