grandfather

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
karenpickford345

Re: grandfather

Post by karenpickford345 »

MazzaDC wrote:A bit of further information - your grandfather I knew as uncle Victor. He died in 1983 and was cremated in Glasgow. He had a sister Rosa (Rosa Elena) and a brother Johnny ( John Gaetano). I think he also had an older brother Michele, however I never knew him. Rosa's married name was Cairns and she died in 1989. Johnny used to hire motorboats on Loch Lomond. He died in 1979. Their father ( my grandfather's brother ) and my grandfather set up a barber's shop together in Rutherglen. He served in the Highland Light Infantry (Private Vittore Antonio Meo, No 63813)
yes you are a distant relative can you contact me asap please
thank you
mark09

Post by mark09 »

Hi

Im Mark and mums name is sheena Sinclair her father was Vittore Meo and So your probably my great uncle. Just wondering if you know any thing on where the Mc culloch name came from as mum is interested to know about that side of things.

Cheers
Mark
activateaileen

Post by activateaileen »

John is my grandfather. Vittore Antonio Meo married Elizabeth Findlay McCulloch in 1908. That is where the name came from. I also knew Uncle Victor and Aunt Cathy when they lived in Penilee, Glasgow. I knew Aunt Rosa but not well. My mum is Doreen. She is the only child of John and Isabel.

I was led to this post via Private 63813 listed on Elizabeth Findlay Meo's death certificate. She died on 15/10/1918.

I hope this is of use to you.
Cheers

Aileen