Marriage & Divorce Certificates

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Brini

Marriage & Divorce Certificates

Post by Brini »

I am applying for citizenship jure sanguinis through my mother. She divorced my father and remarried. Does anyone know if the consulate requires the marriage certificates from both of her marriages in addition to her divorce certificate... if so, then I'm assuming they must have an apostille with translation? My consulate is closed until Sep 10th so I was hoping to get some insight before that. Just checking if anyone has experience.

Additionally, anyone know whether the Consulate requires the ancestors' marriage application (the certified copy of the original license with all the important information) or just the marriage certificate (proof that the bride and groom were married but does not have any vital data such as parents' names, birthdates)... or perhaps they want both!

I know ultimately I should confirm these questions with the Consulate itself but just want to check with the forum first.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Marriage & Divorce Certificates

Post by suanj »

Brini wrote:I am applying for citizenship jure sanguinis through my mother. She divorced my father and remarried. Does anyone know if the consulate requires the marriage certificates from both of her marriages in addition to her divorce certificate... if so, then I'm assuming they must have an apostille with translation? My consulate is closed until Sep 10th so I was hoping to get some insight before that. Just checking if anyone has experience.

Additionally, anyone know whether the Consulate requires the ancestors' marriage application (the certified copy of the original license with all the important information) or just the marriage certificate (proof that the bride and groom were married but does not have any vital data such as parents' names, birthdates)... or perhaps they want both!

I know ultimately I should confirm these questions with the Consulate itself but just want to check with the forum first.
Hi; I not understand well, but I test reply you:
for italian citizenship from mother (or maternal) line, this are possible only if the mother are born after 1/1/1948; I think that the Consulate required only certificate on just marriage(with your father), why the second marriage not are interesting for citizenship... also the divorce certificate not is interesting for italian citizenship, why she remarried when you already was born....suanj