Presentation of Documents to Consulate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
tlisti
Rookie
Rookie

Presentation of Documents to Consulate

Post by tlisti »

Does anyone have suggestions about the presentation of documents to Consulate. Do they want BC, BC, MC, DC, DC... or BC, BC, MC, Nat Info, DC, DC? My appt is in May - Houston Consulate and I want to look like I have thouroughly done the research.

How I can best present the information in order to make my case?

Thanks,
JJ313
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Presentation of Documents to Consulate

Post by JJ313 »

There is no preset order. Just be organized and ready to access any document they ask for. In my experience and from what I have seen from others they usually start with BC from Italy, MC Naturalization, DC and then move from oldest to you.
italiangal36
Rookie
Rookie

Post by italiangal36 »

The San Francisco consulate requests the documents be in chronological order with the most recent on top. I organized it BC, MC, DC. I started with my Italian born ascendant's records, then their spouse's records and went in that order. I then put the list of discrepancies and, finally, all the application paperwork on top, in chronological order as applicable.
tlisti
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tlisti »

But when do they ask for Naturalization info.?
Xaymara
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Xaymara »

tlisti wrote:But when do they ask for Naturalization info.?
I was asked for the Nat. Cert. right after presenting my Italian-born ascendant's birth record. My appointment was last September in Los Angeles. I had all my docs organized in the same way as italiangal.
tlisti
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tlisti »

Thanks!