Pricolo/DeBiase Family

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
taximom

Pricolo/DeBiase Family

Post by taximom »

Hi All!
It has been a while since I posted anything, but I am stuck and need help. I am looking for information on how to obtain immigration and naturalization records for my Grandparents and Great-Grandparents. I know they came over from Frosolone, Isernia, and either came in through New York City or Philadelphia. I believe my Great-Grandfather Rocco DiBiase was naturalized in Tenefly, New Jersey, but that is about all I know. I also believe they all immigrated here sometime between 1875 and 1900. I cannot get into Ancestry.com because I am not a member so that option is not available to me. Any other ideas would be most welcome. Thank you.
peggymckee
Elite
Elite

Re: Pricolo/DeBiase Family

Post by peggymckee »

Most public libraries have a subscription--and ancestry.com used to offer a 3 day free trial--don't know if they still do. But I expect that one of the many wonderful genealogists who post here will help you.

I used LDS microfilms to get my GP's petition and certificate numbers and then got the records from the Chicago branch of NARA--since GPs naturalized in Federal Court in Chicago. Good luck, Peg
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi
taximom

Re: Pricolo/DeBiase Family

Post by taximom »

Thanks. I'll have to try our local library.