No clear advise from Luigi Paiano

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Ameritalia

No clear advise from Luigi Paiano

Post by Ameritalia »

I have all my required documents in hand, and texts from Luigi Paiano state only that “we do not assist in applying in the Italian consulates.” I don’t understand this reply, as I intend to go to Bologna and apply there. I have text him my intentions, but have received nothing encouraging from him. I even mailed copies of my translated documents and again, I receive the same message about no assistance to apply in Italian consulates. What am I doing wrong?
mler
Master
Master

Re: No clear advise from Luigi Paiano

Post by mler »

Luigi Paiano specializes in court cases regarding 1948 issues. The courts will not hear cases that can be handled at the consulate level. If yours is not a lawsuit situation, but you choose to apply in Italy, there are several services that can assist you.
Ameritalia

Post by Ameritalia »

Sorry, I left out that my case is pre-1948. After reading many posts, some point out that their documents will be mailed to Attorney Paiano’s office, while others say they will travel to his office with the documents. The second option I will take in early spring 2019, and see what happens. Thank you for taking the time to respond.
jennabet
Master
Master

Post by jennabet »

It sounds like Mr. Piano does not think you have a court case and has not taken you as a client and is advising you that he does not assist with cases for the consulates.
scoziaitaliano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by scoziaitaliano »

mler wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 20:24 Luigi Paiano specializes in court cases regarding 1948 issues. The courts will not hear cases that can be handled at the consulate level. If yours is not a lawsuit situation, but you choose to apply in Italy, there are several services that can assist you.
This is something the courts are getting really hot on - and is indeed why I have a third hearing next week - at the second hearing back in February the judge wished to be entirely satisfied that my grandfather had obtained British citizenship before it would proceed, which necessitated production of further documentary evidence to this effect.