Pierotti from Borgo a Mozano, Lucca

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Neena

Pierotti from Borgo a Mozano, Lucca

Post by Neena »

I am researching my grandfather, Julius Vincent Pierotti, who immigrated from Borgo a Mozzano, Lucca in 1899 to the US. I am trying to find out what port he might have entered the US through. Were there specific ports in that year (s) that he might have left from in Italy to sail to the US? Possibly the ship names sailing from Italy during that year? Any direction you can point me will be appreciated.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I am sure that you have already researched the ellisisland.org website and noticed that there are just two persons from Borego a Mozzano surnamed Pierotti, First letter G but neither Giulio Vincenzo. I would suggest that he could have come in thru several ports ranging from New orleans and up the East Coast to Boston and points in between. If you go to www.genealogylookups.com/narchives.htm and file form 81 Passenger Arrival records thru NARA (USA national archives) with the information you should receiuved an positive answer. Peter