Parents of Lorenzo Romano ( Romano Lorenzo) Help

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Romano1970
Master
Master

Parents of Lorenzo Romano ( Romano Lorenzo) Help

Post by Romano1970 »

Hi Guys. I have a sticking point, that is keeping me from moving forward.

My Grandfather Lorenzo Romano. Born Feb 2 1889 in Piazza Armerina Sicilia. I can not seem to come up with anything on his parents. I know they did not come to america. I believe their names Were Fillipo Romano ( Romano Fillipo ) and Fillipa (Unsure of my Great grandmothers maiden name). After that the trail ends. I have no knowledge if they were born in the same town, or moved there.

Biff Was able to come up with a couple documents on my Grandfather when I first started on this site. ( Registard Alien Card) and a Registration Card, which states he was in the Italian Millitary as a private for 2.5 years. Line #5 on the registration card say he was born in what looks like "Castelmaria" Cant really make out the first letter. Line # 9 asks who he is supporting and it states Father , Mother 1 Sister.

He came to America and settled in Passaic NJ.

But with all this info I cant seem to find a clue leading to my Great grandparents , and confirm that their names were Fillipo and Fillipa. Where they were from and anyone from their family's

Any help is greatley appreciated
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Parents of Lorenzo Romano ( Romano Lorenzo) Help

Post by Biff83 »

Hi Michael! Long time no speak.

Have you written to the comune and requested an integral copy of his birth act? The integral copy, not an extract, should have his birth date and time and address where birth occurred, parents' names, ages and occupations, witnesses and their ages and occupations.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Romano1970
Master
Master

Re: Parents of Lorenzo Romano ( Romano Lorenzo) Help

Post by Romano1970 »

Hello Biff, good to hear from you. It is always a pleasure. Well sort of....LOL. I sent an email using an Italian translator ( which I dont think is a good "Human" translator) I typed it out in my own words, and copied into the translation page, but now as I write this I am thinking, was there a specific template that I could use to re write the inquiry.

Also, I was just going to add more to this inquiry before I saw your response. You had given me in my first forum a snipit of info regarding my grandfathers Military time in the Italian infantry during WW1. Since that time I have had a sticking point on this subject.

On the registars card Dated June 5 1917 it states he was in the Italian Infantry for 2,5 years and his rank was a private.

Any Ideas
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.