any advice appreciated

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
stillsearching

any advice appreciated

Post by stillsearching »

I am trying to find information on the Franchina family. They lived in the Messina Sicily area. I do not know the first names of the grandparents or parents ,only have limited info on the younger generation (born around 1950 to 1960). The ones born during that time period have the following first names Rosaria or Rosanna ,Filippo and Franco or Francesco. I believe that the younger generation is still or again living in that area. I have tried several ways to locate info including a phone call which due to language barrier did not post result. I would appreciate any help and suggestions.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: any advice appreciated

Post by Italysearcher »

Presumably these are related to your family in some way. Perhaps the descendants of the brother of your GGrandfather?
Searching forward is not easy but can be done. You need to go back to the last known fact, find the names of the siblings, their marriages, their children etc.
Alternately write to the people in town with that surname. You can find addresses at www.paginebianche.it but remember that if they descended from female relatives they will now have different surnames.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.