Cergnul family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JennyC4

Cergnul family

Post by JennyC4 »

Hi,
Trying to find information on my husbands grandparents..

Giuseppe/Joseph Cergnul (born 1902?) & Rosa Miletti /Cergnul

Giuseppe, Rosa and their children left Albona during the 1930's and went to work/live in France..

My Father in law, Luciano Cergnul was born in Vinez, Labin (Albona) in 1931

Unfortunately we do not have a lot of confirmed information ... so any assistance would be greatly appreciated...

Thank you
cerg
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Cergnul family

Post by cerg »

Hi Jenny! My name is Kristina Cergnul and I am also researching the Cergnul name. My great grandfather was born in Albona in 1894, his name was Giovanni. Giovanni had three brothers named Matteo, Francesco and Antonio. I believe that Matteo was the oldest, Giovanni inthe middle and Antonio the youngest. I believe that Antonio was in the Navy. I have other information as well, I just didn't want to throw it all at you at once. I will be looking forward to hearing from you!

Kristina
JennyC4

Re: Cergnul family

Post by JennyC4 »

Hi Kristina..
Have been interested in our families history for some time, but only started to get extremely serious about tracking down the family tree.. several months ago...

I now have a LARGE board in my office with every Cergnul I can find or know of personally listed with date of birth (if recorded).. and place of birth or last known address/area... particularly interested atm..in those born 1880 on to 1950.... We have found some Cergnul's pre 1880, fingers crossed at some stage the right connections will be made...

Generations of the same first name has thrown me at times.. hence the board ...plus the variations in the spelling of their first and last names.. the changes in government.. Town names changed.. etc... it has been extremely interesting.. fun.. and at times incredibly frustrating..lol

I can also spend hours admiring the beautiful photo's online of the land/country & have spent even more hours reading about Istria's history..

My father-in-law was born there and his father/mother before him etc..... and we know so little..to pass on to our children and grandchildren..
That will change though.. ;-)

Look forward to hearing back from you..on our Cergnul family..