D'Assisi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dassisi
Rookie
Rookie

D'Assisi

Post by dassisi »

My grandfather Francesco D'Assisi and uncle Domenico D'Assisi migrated from Calabria Italy in the late 1920's to Buenos Aires Argentina , can any one help to locate any family and how to obtain a death certificate. All help will be much appreciated.
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: D'Assisi

Post by ptimber »

While there may be more than this one I suggest you write and ask: JORGE D'ASSISI, SUPACHA 3708, REMEDIOS DE ESCALADA, BUENOSIRES ARGENTINA. If you wish to telephone him the number is (011) 4202 1758. Peter
dassisi
Rookie
Rookie

Re: D'Assisi still searching

Post by dassisi »

thanks Peter for that information, but I have already written to that preson and found no connection, can you advise how to obtain a death certificate in Buones Aires. Look forward to hearing from anyone
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

do you read and write spanish? Do you know the dates of their entry intoa Argentina? Doi you know the dates of their demise? Peter
dassisi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dassisi »

Hi Peter, no I dont speak or write spanish but am fluent in Italian, will that help?. the only dates that I have is that they migrated to Argentina from Calabria Italy in approx 1925, we were later told that my grandfather Francesco D'Assisi died in the next 2-3 years, our last contact with his son (my uncle) Domenico D'Assisi was from Buenos Aires in 1963, would it be easier to try to obtain information on Domenico (he was born in 1905), thanks for your hepl looking forward to hearing from you. Emilia
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Whta makes you think he Domenico is deceased? Peter
dassisi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dassisi »

because he would have to be 99 years old, I do know that he married someone much younger than himself, she might still be alive
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I guess you do not know her name. In any event in order to obtain a death record you need a full name,place of death and the decade. Since Domenico was born in 1905 and died in Buenos Aires(?) I can send an e-mail and see what response I am presuming a death in the 1980-1990 decade. In the meantime if you can come up with his wife's maiden name that can also help. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The request is on its way. Peter
dassisi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dassisi »

thanks for your help looking forward to hearing from you, I have found a photo that Domenico and his wife sent to the family in 1963 and the back was signed Domingo & Elira D'Assisi. Regards Emilia
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Emilia she would have two last names Elira (maiden surname and D'assisi surname together but Elira helps. Peter