Trucano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
meganitaly88

Trucano

Post by meganitaly88 »

My last name is Trucano. I am curious as to what part of Italy it comes from and what does it mean it italian?..any ideas..
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Trucano

Post by maestra36 »

The surname seems to be prevalent in the northwest region of Italy in the Province of Torino.

I don't believe the name has a meaning in Italian.
meganitaly88

Post by meganitaly88 »

Thank you. I have been researching my family and there's a bunch of last names that i keep coming across...and there all italian..and I've heard that it may be from that region. the name Colombara keeps coming up too..i havent quite figured out how it fits into my family puzzle but i will...but thank you for your help.
Maurizio
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Maurizio »

Hi.
I can confirm you Trucano is a surname originally present almost exclusively in the Province of Turin (Piemonte, N-W Italy). Its origin should be in a village called Borgiallo, where it's still present.
As for Colombara, years ago I got in touch with someone with that surname: he lives in your same town (and, if I correctly remember, he too has a Trucano in his ancestry tree). Here's the link to his profile here: joec96.
Hope this helps.

Ciao,
Maurizio

P.S.: Also, you may find interesting taking a look at this website: jqmorris.com
meganitaly88

Post by meganitaly88 »

Maurizio,

Thank you for your information. I believe that joe and I are actually cousins. =] I have tried contacting him but it seems he doesnt get online much. thank you for the info.

Ciao,
Megan
meganitaly88

Post by meganitaly88 »

I looked at the site, and im wondering if those people are my ancestors. i have a grandmother named domenica and it says her fathers name was jos martina..but..it says they have a child named Joe. i wonder now...
TAB

Post by TAB »

My maiden name is Trucano. We are from NJ. I am looking for a marriage certificate for my paternal grandfather and grandmother. His name is Carlo Trucano (b 1860). Her name is Teresa Savoia Trucano (b 1873). My DNA came back 45% French which I understand is what most of the Piedmonte residents are because of the proximity to France.
lexco713

Post by lexco713 »

Ciao Maurizio,

Jqmorris.com e il website di mio padre, John Morris! Che buono, che lo ha trovato! Lui ha lavorato moltissimo imparare nostre antonate Italiani.

La mia famiglia va a Piemonte a volte; visitiamo la nostra cugina in Borgiallo, chi e una Trucano. Ci sono molti Trucano in Borgiallo, e vero!

Kindly,
Lexi Querio

Maurizio wrote: 24 Feb 2011, 20:15 Hi.
I can confirm you Trucano is a surname originally present almost exclusively in the Province of Turin (Piemonte, N-W Italy). Its origin should be in a village called Borgiallo, where it's still present.
As for Colombara, years ago I got in touch with someone with that surname: he lives in your same town (and, if I correctly remember, he too has a Trucano in his ancestry tree). Here's the link to his profile here: joec96.
Hope this helps.

Ciao,
Maurizio

P.S.: Also, you may find interesting taking a look at this website: jqmorris.com