Chelone Family from Genoa Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Debra Sola Hauff

Chelone Family from Genoa Italy

Post by Debra Sola Hauff »

Have been trying to find relatives from the Chelones in Italy. They came from Genoa but word has it that many came from an orphanage which many took the name of the orphanage. It is either Casagrande or Chelone. Not sure but was told that records were destroyed when the orphanage had a fire many years ago.

My grandparents on my mother's side were Matteo and Sylvia Chelone. Matteo had several brothers of which four of nine children came over to the U.S. I believe the remaining children stayed in Italy. There was one sister and three other brothers??? My grandfather's mother's name was Pagano. My grandmother was a Rosasco and she was born in Cleveland Ohio. My mother was LaVerne Chelone Sola. My father was Alex Chris Sola who's parents were Macedonian Romanians.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Ciao
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Chelone Family from Genoa Italy

Post by suanj »

Hi,
Matteo Chelone came in USA in 1911, born in Tribogna; father Pietro in Tribogna ( Genova province) and joining at brother Vittorio in California:

First Name: Matteo
Last Name: Chelone
Ethnicity: Italian, North
Last Place of Residence: Genova, Tribogna
Date of Arrival: Jul 14, 1911
Age at Arrival: 17y Gender: M Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Mendoza
Port of Departure: Genoa
Manifest Line Number: 0026

pag 1 http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0026

pag 2 http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0026

California Death Index, 1940-1997
about Matteo Chelone Name: Matteo Chelone
Social Security #: 552440718
Sex: Male
Birth Date: 1 Jun 1894
Birthplace: Italy
Death Date: 14 Oct 1964
Death Place: Santa Clara
Mother's Maiden Name: Spagano (?)

It are no Tribogna civil records microfilms by LDS, so for to know more it is a bit hard...
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
francesco07

Post by francesco07 »

The Chelone family came originally from Cassanesi, near Tribogna. My mather is Chelone, my grand father had six brothers born in the USA and probably he never met them. I'm looking for information to share.
Thanks
JoOrlando

Post by JoOrlando »

Palermo(Camporeale) there was a man, who had 1 sister... this man married a woman that had 6 siblings. That man and woman married in Sicily then moved to Genoa where they birthed 3 sons. One didn't make it, leaving 2 1961. Of the la famiglia they were the last to leave Italy arrive a Chicago 1974. I am the youngest son of this man and womans oldest son