Help to find ancestors records in Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mgrimaldi

Help to find ancestors records in Italy

Post by mgrimaldi »

Hi,
My gran grandfather migrated to Brazil in 1901 according to immigration records in Sao Paulo. What I know from him is the following:
1) His name was Antonio Grimaldi. He arrived in Santos - Sao Paulo/Brazil in 10/08/1901 supposedly with 30 years old. He came accompanied by his wife Antulia Grimaldi (Other documents spell her name as Otilia, Autilia or Audidia), she was 25 years old at that time, and his son Giovanni Grimaldi, who was 2 years old on the date of arrival. The ship was Citta Milano and came from Boscotrecase/Napoli.
2) My gran grandfather parents’ names were Paschoal Grimaldi and Rosa Avino and my gran grandmother parents’ names were Simao Garofalo and Angelina Tufano.
3) From family information, we believe he was born in the Napoli province, but I don't have any information about the exact city.

I'm looking for my gran grandfather and gran grandmother birth of certificates and marriage certificate.

I'm quite new on that. Could someone help me and/or give me some guidance on how is the best way to proceed?

Thanks,
Marcelo
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Help to find ancestors records in Italy

Post by suanj »

Hi Marcelo,
the first name of Antonio's wife seeming Antilia by ship's manifest:

I advice you of to search in Boscotrecase microfilms by LDS,the civil records abt your ancestors:
Registri dello stato civile di Boscotrecase (Napoli), 1900-1929 Boscotrecase (Napoli). Ufficio dello stato civile

Civil registration of births, marriages, banns, deaths from Boscotrecase, Napoli, Italy. Text in Italian. Some years may be missing or out of order.

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... +Boscotrec &columns=*,0,0
and when you will have all the data, you can write (in italian language)to:
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Rio, 1
80042 Boscotrecase (NA)
Italy

helpful form letter in italian language:
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------