looking for my fathers family genealogy. sibilia family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
marisibilia

looking for my fathers family genealogy. sibilia family

Post by marisibilia »

I've been looking for my fathers family for years now. I really know like nothing about them or there history. Here's what I Di know my dads name is William Sibilia I have two sisters I've just recently tracked down named toni Sibilia and Victoria Sibilia I have several uncles and I don't know their names but I have an aunt named jean Sibilia. My grandfather is alphonse Sibilia and my granmothers name is Mary Sibilia. My great grandfathers name is francesco Sibilia. This is all the information that I have. If anyone can help me with this is much appreciate it.
ibeirish
Rookie
Rookie

Re: looking for my fathers family genealogy. sibilia family

Post by ibeirish »

When was your father born and where did his family live in the U.S.?
marisibilia

Post by marisibilia »

He was born in 1942 and I'm not sure where he was born but I know he was raised in new jersey. I want to say he was born there but I honestly don't know.
JudithClark

Post by JudithClark »

Hi Mari

Do you know where your family came from in Italy? My grandfather was Francesco Sibilia born in Castelletto sopra Ticino in 1874. He came to England in the late 1800's where he married my grandmother in 1899. His parents were Luigi and Barbara whilst my grandfather's grandfather was Francesco. Judith Clark
marisibilia

Post by marisibilia »

Hi Judith.
I'm sorry I don't know where in Italy my family is from. I know that when he came to the united states he lived in Newark, New jersey. And that's where most of my family live still today.
marisibilia

Post by marisibilia »

Judith
I will ask my sister and see if maybe she knows. She knows alot more about my fathers family then I do.
marisibilia

Post by marisibilia »

Hi Judith,

I spoke with my sister and I'm sorry to say we don't know where in Italy he was from. What we were told was he's from Sicily. But over the last 13 yrs that I've been trying to research my family I've come to find some things ive been told aren't true. I'm very sorry I know this probably doesn't help you but i had told you id look into it so I felt I needed to get back to you and let you know what I well I guess haven't found out. Again im sorry
Mari Sibilia