Marinelli in Musellaro...

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cheechamia

Marinelli in Musellaro...

Post by cheechamia »

Hello :) I am trying to research info on my great grandparents in Musellaro Italy, Pescara Province. I am fortunate to have info on my grandparents who came over to the U.S. in the early 1900's and I do know my great grandparents names...just don't know who to write too. I'm sure I can find the letters online to be sent to Italy for the info, just not sure where to begin or where to send them. I know they are buried in the cemetary in the town. It would just be nice to have more info on them. It would be great to know if my grandfather had brothers and sisters as I know another family, with the same last name from that town and we feel we know we are related as there were only two Marinelli families in that town and one married into the other...we just don't know where the connection is!

Anyhow, any info anyone could provide would be so greatly appreciated :)

cheech :D
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Marinelli in Musellaro...

Post by ptimber »

65020The family History Library of the Mormon church have on microfilm the civl records for Musellaro from 1809 to 1865 so You can trace all births,,marriages and deaths and determine family status. There is an exdellent companion book for these micorfilm records titled Discovering Your Italian Ancestors by Lynn Nelson (amazon or barnes & noble or public library). records subsequento 1865 can be obtained by writing to the Ufficio Di Stato Civile in Musellaro on a one to one basis with full names and dates or year of birth with the formlettters that you said youi have. the Postal code for Musellaro is 65020. Provin c eof Pescara Abruzzo region. The family history library nearest your home can obtain the minimal cost rental of the microfilm and provide the viewers and ability tio make copies as well. Peter
cheechamia

Post by cheechamia »

Thanks Peter :)

That was the part I wasn't sure of...if I should write to the church (which I know from relatives here that the priest for that town is only there so often as there is only one priest for several towns...so he's busy) or to the state.

I appreciate your info :)

Michelle
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Church is last resort and only for recordsprior to 1809. Even then church records can bein whatever order they happemn to be in andare usually not indexed or kept in conditions favoring their legibility. Moreover priests of churches are not enthusiastic about oporing thru records for paltry donations and require the hiring of someone in town (preferably his nephew) to do the research. The Mormon church people suggested that $15.00 per individual record search to church priest may be a good idea. Peter
cheechamia

Post by cheechamia »

Thank you for your response. I agree...they are busy and it's alot of work! We have a Mormon church in town I have tried to contact as I found some Marinelli records on their site and wish to look at. It's been touch getting a hold of them but I am persistant! hahaha :)

Have a blessed New Year!

Michelle
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

get back to if you need us further. Peter
psalvio

Post by psalvio »

Hey, my grandmother was a Marinelli.. she lived in musellaro, italy but she married into the Salvio family.. get back to me because my mother and aunts know some history of my grandmothers life...

patricia
dursin729

Post by dursin729 »

Hello,

I am trying to research my great grandparents history. My great grandmother's name was Nicoletta Marinelli and she married my great grandfather who was Nunzio Lucente. I have found a Nunzio Lucente from the Ellis Island archives actually 2, one who came to america and was single at 23 and one who was 29 and married however I couldn't find out about Nicoletta. We went to Italy for the first time 3 years ago and visited my Grandfathers relatives in Compobasso, would love to find relatives of my grandmother from Musellaro.
Any suggestions????
Deb in Connecticut