ROMANO, Salvatore Filippo Aidone Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Romano1970
Master
Master

ROMANO, Salvatore Filippo Aidone Sicily

Post by Romano1970 »

Hi, I am trying to get the birth records from Aidone Sicily for my Great Grand Father ROMANO, Salvatore Filippo. I have written to Aidone multiple times, Via Email, and written. He was born around 1860. I know he wa born there because on the Family History that I received from Piazza Armerina stated they could not find his in Piazza due to him being born in Aidone.

If there is anyone that could help find these records for me I would be very greatfull.

Thank you so much.
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: ROMANO, Salvatore Filippo Aidone Sicily

Post by Tessa78 »

Romano1970 wrote:Hi, I am trying to get the birth records from Aidone Sicily for my Great Grand Father ROMANO, Salvatore Filippo. I have written to Aidone multiple times, Via Email, and written. He was born around 1860. I know he wa born there because on the Family History that I received from Piazza Armerina stated they could not find his in Piazza due to him being born in Aidone.

If there is anyone that could help find these records for me I would be very greatfull.

Thank you so much.
The records are not available online, and since you have not received a response from the comune, I believe your best resource would be the microfilmed records of Aidone that are available at your local LDS Family History Center. They have the registrations for Aidone from 1820-1910 available for rent to view and copy.
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... m%2F574284

To find your nearest center.
https://familysearch.org/locations

T.
Romano1970
Master
Master

Post by Romano1970 »

Thanks Tessa!!

I now live very close to the Major Center in Salt lake City. ( I am in Denver) So I was thinking about going down there to do just that.
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Enjoy!

Searching these early records in Italian can be VERY REWARDING... :D

T.