Macari & Marcella - Scotland

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
steff29

Macari & Marcella - Scotland

Post by steff29 »

Hi everyone,

I've just been the National Records Office in Edinburgh and at last, I got to see the death certificates for Luigi Macari and Peter (Alfonso) Macari.

[*]Luigi DOB 24.11.1888 - Parents noted as Angeloantonio Macari and Maria Macari on DR
[*]Peter DOB 1885 - Parents noted as Anthony Macari and Maria Macari on DR

I can not say for definite that they were brothers until I hear back from the records office in Italy but it's looking highly likely that they were based on this info.

Peter (Alfonso) and his wife Antonia Marcella had a son named Angelo - DOB 25/4/1910 at Lochgelly, Fife.

Angelo then went on to have a son named Alfonso - DOB 25/4/1936 at Cambusnethan, Wishaw.
On the birth certificate it says Angelo married an Sarah McKenna on 26/6/1935 at Gretna. However, I found no record of this in the system!

I also couldn't find a death certificate for Angelo, his wife Sarah or a marriage certificate for their son Alfonso, which you would expect had he stayed here in Scotland. I'm wondering if they left the country?

Happy to hear any ideas you may have!

Many thanks,

Stephanie
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Re: Macari & Marcella - Scotland

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Hello Stephanie,

Have you tried looking at the scotlands people web site, you can access most records there!

Jamie Capaldi
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
steff29

Post by steff29 »

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your reply. I've had an extensive look on Scotlands People yes but there are no records at all.

It's looking likely that the only way to find out what brothers and sister Luigi had is to go to the office in Casalattico.

Apparently there was also a connection with Lochgelly in fife but as I am at a complete dead end, I don't know where to go next!
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

You could try writing to the 'anagrafe' office in Casalattico.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
steff29

Post by steff29 »

Hello Ann,

Many thanks for your reply. I've written to the anagrams office in Casalattico, yes. It was only around two weeks ago though so I'll probably just have to bide my time until I (fingers crossed!) am lucky enough to receive a reply. It's just so frustrating as I am so keen to find out more about my italian roots!

I have also emailed to office too. In your experience, hlong does it normally take to receive a reply?

Kindest regards,

Steff