Ianovale families in Naples, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
aron75

Ianovale families in Naples, Italy

Post by aron75 »

I am searching for any information regarding the Ianovale family of Naples, Italy. My ancestors left Italy for Philadelphia, PA, USA around the turn of the 20th century. My direct ancestor was Giuseppe Ianovale, born March 7 1890 in Naples. He arrived in the USA in 1907. He married in the US. He joined the family of his uncle, Domenico Ianovale. Domenico was born in 1840 in Naples. He arrived in the USA to Philadelphia in about 1890. By 1910, he is widowed. I would presume he was married in Italy, but do not have her name. He had at least one son by the name of Michale Ianovale. He was born in on March 18 1876 in Naples. He married a woman named Filomena. She was born about 1878. It is possible her maiden name was Gacovino but this is speculation. They had two known children, Mary born in 1896 and Donata born in 1898, both born in Italy. Michale and family arrived in 1907. I'd speculate his family and his cousin Giuseppe arrived together. Domenico may have had another son named Angelo Ianovale. I cannot prove this, but Angelo lived in Philadelphia as well. He was born on May 4 1890 and arrived in the US around 1900.

My questions are, can any birth or marriage records be found in Italy for these names? Thank you.

--Aron
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Ianovale families in Naples, Italy

Post by adelfio »

Michele Ianovale with wife Filomena with child Mary Naturalzation record are sure they didn't come from Buonalbergo,Benevenuto

CLICK FOR RECORD CLICK TO ENLARGE

Michele Ianovale military record info from Archivio di Stato di Benevento
Database Ruoli Matricolari
PAGINA DI DETTAGLIO
Cognome IANOVALE
Nome Michele
Classe: 1876
DataNascita: 08/04/1876
Matricola: 1901
Registro: 5

BUTCHER JOB ON THEIR NAME
Domenico Anovali in household of Michele Anovali, "United States Census, 1910"
Name: Domenico Anovali
Event Place: Philadelphia Ward 3, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Marital Status: Widowed
Race: White
Relationship to Head of Household: Father
Immigration Year: 1890
Birthplace: Italy
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Household ID: 74
Page: 5
Household Gender Age Birthplace
SELF Michele Anovali M 32y Italy
WIFE Filomena Anovali F 32y Italy
DAU Donata Anovali F 12y Italy
FATH Domenico Anovali M 70y Italy
Guiseppe Anovali M 20y Italy
Giuseppe Gacoviui

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
aron75

Post by aron75 »

I have this record. Thank you. No, I am not certain of the exact place of birth. Most of the Ianovale records I have list Naples as the place of birth. But these are all US records. They were probably asked what the nearest large city was. Is Buonalbergo near Naples?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

aron75 wrote:I have this record. Thank you. No, I am not certain of the exact place of birth. Most of the Ianovale records I have list Naples as the place of birth. But these are all US records. They were probably asked what the nearest large city was. Is Buonalbergo near Naples?
It says Buonalbergo is his birthplace on the record
They are about 120kM apart here is email for his military record it will list his parents name and his mothers maiden name
E-mail: as-bn@beniculturali.it

ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI Benevento
OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di leva di Michele Ianovale classe di nascita 1876.

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,

La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per ottenere l'esito di leva di:Michele Ianovale.
Database Ruoli Matricolari
PAGINA DI DETTAGLIO
Cognome IANOVALE
Nome Michele
Classe: 1876
DataNascita: 08/04/1876
Matricola: 1901
Registro: 5
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME EMAIL ADDRESS

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
aron75

Post by aron75 »

Thank you Marty! I will give this a try.

--Aron
Joeiano

Post by Joeiano »

Aron, I am the Grandson of Angelo would love to chat with you. Joe