Geneology getting info from Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Geneology getting info from Italy

Post by ray1955 »

Anyone share secrets how they managed to get information from Italy. I googled the Comune of a town where relatives were known to be from and picked the Deputy Mayor to get information and who to write too for information. I figure in our day and age of technology I might be able to NOT to have to use he postal system.
OR atleast have a place to start anyone else have any luck or experiences that might help others?
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Geneology getting info from Italy

Post by adelfio »

Ray not every town has internet I see Vallelunga has just upgraded their website and might have a problem with their snail mail or reg email you can always fax your request in Italian if you don't want to send it by letter sometimes that's what you have to do
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Vallelunga Pratameno
Fax 0934 810023

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Post by ray1955 »

The town I had a problem with where it rejected was Mussomeli however the one you sent me for Vallelunga has not rejected so hopefully they will get it and respond. I am sure I sent it to the wrong person but maybe the deputy mayor will send it on and copy me or send it back with a reply of some kind. I believe we have exhausted our searches online.
Anything after 1910 (recent) has to go to the Comune I have tried several folks on facebook but not a luck of luck. Most dont want to be bothered but hoping to hit the one person that is into this stuff and will help.
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Post by ray1955 »

how do you dial that number Marty from a fax machine? just as its written above or are there prefixes to it? I would have to use a fax machine somewhere else not sure if it will go through or will there be a charge?

Thanks, Ray
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

ray1955 wrote:how do you dial that number Marty from a fax machine? just as its written above or are there prefixes to it? I would have to use a fax machine somewhere else not sure if it will go through or will there be a charge?

Thanks, Ray
OfficeMax or Kinkos
To fax to Italy from North America you dial 011 39 then the Italian area code (including the first zero), then the fax number
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Post by ray1955 »

Thanks Marty so it would be as follows

011 39 0934 810023 Well I think I will try this today at a Office Max or such
I do have a fax office here were I live but not sure as I mentioned about a charge.
Did you ever do this Marty and where is this number going to go in Italy? Registrars office of sorts?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I have faxed and received results leave you full info NAME ADDRESS EMAIL and tell them you want richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di matrimonio/nascita/morte marriage/birth/death

Marty

Marty