Adovasio family history

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Adovasio family history

Post by SCarbonII »

I'm looking for family information for my grandmother's family. Here is what information I have about her family. Can anyone fill the blanks in for me at all, or help me find them?

Vincenzo (James) (1850-) & Catherin (1853-) (Petrella) Adovasio Married: 4/26/1873 (parents of Michael Adovasio)
Carmine (1849-) & Rose (maiden name) (dob) Adovasio Married: (parents of Mary Rachael Adovasio)
Michael or is it Michele? (4/25/1882 Montelongo Campobasso, Italy -12/31/1951 Youngstown, OH, Mahoning County) & Mary Rachael (Adovasio) (2/29/1884 Pietrabbondante, Campobasso, Italy -5/3/1972 Youngstown, OH, Mahoning County) Adovasio Married: 12/9/1905 in Montelongo
Michele & Mary Rachael Adovasiohad:
Kathryn Adovasio ( born 1912 or before) (died at age of 9. I do not know when she lived)
Patrick Miladore (4/7/1917-2/26/1997)married:Rosemary Adovasio (4/6/1915-9/19/2004)
James A Adovasio (?-1942) married Linda (maiden name?) (birth and death day)
Carmen Adovasio (1917-4/4/1964) & Doris E. Rossi (1922-?) married3/8/1952
Michael Matune (3/22/1925-1/24/1978) & Ida Laura Adovasio (5/1/1927-11/12/1996) married in 1947
Carl Patrick (4/5/1918-9/21/1999) & Kathryn Adovasio(5/5/1920-2/9/1988) married 5/3/1941
Joe Carbon (1/3/1921-6/4/1972) & Julie Adovasio (12/17/1921-5/20/1998) married 12/27/1943

Thank you for your help
Sam
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Adovasio family history

Post by Italysearcher »

https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library
This site page has a list of records on microfilm that can be ordered and searched at any Family History Centre in the world. Translations and tips can be found on my website.
If the years you need are not on film you will need to write to the town.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SCarbonII »

Thank you. I will look at your website.
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SCarbonII »

I have new information about my Adovasio family members. Carmine Adovasio b: abt 1792 and his father Vittore Adovasio b: abt 1754 were the first ADOVASIO’s to establish themselves in Montelongo. They originated from Pescopennataro in the province of Isernia. Does anyone know where I can find more information about them, and members before them? I cannot find anything about them on familysearch.org but that mat be because I do not have enough correct information about them. Can anyone help me find older family members at all?

Thank you for your help
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

How did you get the information about Carmine Adovasio b: abt 1792 and his father Vittore Adovasio b: abt 1754 in Montelongo

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Carmine (1849-) & Rose (maiden name) (dob) Adovasio Married: (parents of Mary Rachael Adovasio)
Hi the marriage of Carmine Adovasio:
Carmine Adovasio marriage bann: 15 Mar 1873-Montelongo
Groom: Carmine Adovasio 24 old, mason, ( b. 1849 abt), born and resident in Montelongo son of late Angelo and of living Maria Michela Marchese

Bride: Maria Rosa Vitantonio 19 old, farmer, ( b. abt 1854), born and resident in Rotello ( Campobasso province) daughter of late Giacinto and living Angela Morelli

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Marriage: Rotello 14 Apr. 1873 #11

Groom: Carmine Adovasio 24 old, mason, ( b. Montelongo 20 Oct. 1848), born and resident in Montelongo son of late Angelo and of living Maria Michela Marchese

Bride: Maria Rosa Vitantonio 19 old, farmer, ( b. Rotello 17 Jan 1854), born and resident in Rotello ( Campobasso province) daughter of late Giacinto and living Angela Morelli

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Vincenzo Adovasio marriage:

Montelongo 26 Apr 1873 # 10

Groom: Vincenzo Adovasio 23 old, mason, born and resident in Montelongo, son of late Angelomaria and of livingMaria Michela Marchese

Bride: Caterina Petrella, 20 old, farmer, born and resident in Montelongo, daughter of Domenico and Maria Nicola Di Michele

suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

death act of Angelo Maria Adovasio, father of Vincenzo and Carmine:
Montelongo 7 Feb 1872 #7
Angelo Maria Adovasio 45 old (b. 1827 abt), mason, born and resident in Montelongo, son of late Carmine and late Lucia Molinicchio, husband of Maria Michela Marchese

Angelo Maria Adovasio marriage:

Montelongo 22 Dec 1846 #22

Groom: Angelo Maria Adovasio 25 old, mason, born and resident in Montelongo, son of late Carmine and of late Lucia Molinicchio

Bride: Maria Michela Marchese 24 old, born and resident in Montelongo, daughter of late Gaetano and living Domenica Tucci

suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Vittore Adovasio death:

Montelongo 19 Jul 1807: Vittore Adovasio born in Pescopennataro, 53 old, husband of Maria Damiano

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 4.jpg.html

Carmine Adovasio sr, son of Vittore Adovasio and father of Angelo Maria Adovasio, death:

Montelongo 27 sep 1840 #73
Carmine Adovasio, 46 old, born in Pescopennataro, resident in Montelongo, son of late Vittore and of late Maria Angilcola, husband of Lucia Molinicchio
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 5.jpg.html
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Angelo Maria Adovasio birth:

Montelongo 1 sep 1821 #45

Angelo Maria Adovasio born in Montelongo on 1 Sep 1821 son of Carmine 21 old, farmer and of Lucia Molinicchio 21 old farmer

suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SCarbonII »

adelfio

I have found a person in Italy who does research for people who are looking for information for their family tree. He looked at the records at the church, and record hall (I think). He found Vittore Adovasio, & his son Carmina Adovasio were the first Adovasios in Montelongo. He also found Vittore's death record. He died 19 Jul 1807 at the age of 53, of Pescopennataro. He married Ledamaria Angelcola in Pescopennataro. She died before 1799, and he married Maria Damiano, 12 Feb 1799 in Montelongo.

Carmina married Lucia Molinicchio on 17 Mar 1816. They had a son named Angelo Maria Adovasio born: abt 1827. died: 07 Feb 1872 at the age of 45. This is all information from the research I've had done.

That is how I know what I know about the family.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I just wanted to know if you had records of them from Montelongo so I didn't go researching for them like Suanj did (Great Job!!!)

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SCarbonII »

I understand adelfio. Yes I do have copies of same of the documents he got the information from. What I need help with now, is finding information about Vittore Adovasio, & Ledamaria Angelcola in Pescopennataro, along with her date of death in Montelongo if that is where she died. Can you point me in the correct direction where I could find that?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

What church did they use in Pescopennataro?
You will have to go to the church records before 1809

Marty

Marty
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SCarbonII »

I do not have that information at this time. Is there any way for me to find it from my house at all?