Avalli Ponzi Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cindyavallibarbi

Avalli Ponzi Family

Post by cindyavallibarbi »

I am trying to find some information about my great grandparents and beyond. My grandparents were Celeste Avalli b 06/21/1884 and Carmelina Ponzi Avalli b 12/27/1889 in Berceto Italy. They settled in Black Lick, Pa. Celeste's sister Maria was married to Angelo Rivi and they lived in Freeport Pa once they came to America. Any information would be appreciated.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Avalli Ponzi Family

Post by Tessa78 »

cindyavallibarbi wrote:I am trying to find some information about my great grandparents and beyond. My grandparents were Celeste Avalli b 06/21/1884 and Carmelina Ponzi Avalli b 12/27/1889 in Berceto Italy. They settled in Black Lick, Pa. Celeste's sister Maria was married to Angelo Rivi and they lived in Freeport Pa once they came to America. Any information would be appreciated.
You can write directly to the Comune of Berceto to request their birth and/or marriage records...

Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Guglielmo Marconi, 18
43042 Berceto (PR)
ITALY

Help with letters of request in Italian:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tter3.html

Do you have US records? Immigration, etc.?

EDIT TO ADD:
Celeste appears to have made two trips to US. One in 1907 and another in 1913.

In 1907 he is 23, leaving his father Sante in Berceto
Going to a friend, Antonio Ellena, in Freeport, PA

Celeste Avalli, "New York, Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island), 1892-1924"
Given Name: Celeste
Surname: Avalli
Last Place of Residence: Parma, Italy
Event Date: 30 Nov 1907
Nationality: Italy-North
Departure Port: Havre
Arrival Port: New York
Marital Status: S
Citizenship Status:
Ship Name: La Provence

The 1913 trip... he is bringing his wife, Carmelina, with him.
Celeste leaves his father, Sante, in Berceto; Carmelina leaves her father, ?? Ponzi.
They are going to New York to HER brother Giuseppe Ponzi at 3024 East 48th St. NYC

Celeste Avalli, "New York, Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island), 1892-1924"
Given Name: Celeste
Surname: Avalli
Last Place of Residence: Berceto, Italy
Event Date: 30 Jan 1913
Nationality: Italian Italian
Departure Port: Cherbourg, France
Arrival Port: New York
Marital Status: M
Citizenship Status:
Ship Name: New York

I can not post the image of the manifest - but you can view them by going to the ellisisland.org site and choosing "Search by ship"

T.
pachier

Re: Avalli Ponzi Family

Post by pachier »

Hi Cindy, I'm from the Maria Avalli Rivi family. I know a little about the Avalli family. I heard that Sante Avalli was a veternarian. Also, I know about the situation where two Avalli sisters married two Rivi brothers, but the younger sister died in childbirth. The child was raised by Sante Avalli and his wife. Please contact me by my email, and maybe we can talk more about this. I registered and provided my email address. Let me know if you can't email me. --- Paula