Searching for Birth and Marriage Certificates in Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
D'angelo

Searching for Birth and Marriage Certificates in Italy

Post by D'angelo »

Happy New Year everyone. I'm new to the Forum here. My Goal is to obtain the original Birth and Marriage records of my Grandparents who came to the United States from Sicily. I'm hoping that someone in Italy can verify the correct information and lead me to the right places so I can get copies of these records.

My Grandfathers name was ANDREA D'ANGELO and all the info I have here says that he was Born on September 13th, 1878. My Father's Diary indicates that Grandpa was Born in a town called "Monte San Giuliano" in the Province of Trapani in Sicily. According to Wikipedia, after 1934, the Town of Monte San Giuliano went back to its original name "Erice".

My Grandmothers Maiden Name was "VINCENZE CAMMARASANA" and I have 3 possible Dates of Birth for her. It was either May 14th, 1870.....or May 17th, 1871. (but Her Ellis Island Record shows that she was 34 years old when she arrived in New York on October 15th, 1910...which would put her year of Birth in 1876) My Father's Diary indicates that Grandma was Born in a town called "Fulgatore" in the Province of Trapani in Sicily.

According to someone's post on Ancestry.com, my Grandparents were Married on September 24th, 1907 in Trapani, Sicily. We know they were Married back in Italy, but the Date I just posted hasn'r been officially verified. I'm hoping and praying that someone can help me with this. God Bless and I hope that everyone has a safe and happy New Year !
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Searching for Birth and Marriage Certificates in Italy

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website there are film records of both towns at Family History Library but some years are missing.
First the town of Fulgatore is a frazione (suburb) of the town of Trapani,Trapani province so the civil records would be there Try emailing

Servizi Demografici
Stato Civile Trapani
email:rita.alfonso@comune.trapani.it

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Vincenza Cammarasana

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Fulgatore,Trapani. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome :Vincenza Cammarasana
Luogo di nascita: Fulgatore,Trapani
Data di nascita: 1870-1876
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

You will have to write for Andrea D'Angelo birth record to the

Servizi Demografici
Stato Civile
Comune di Erice
Piazza della Loggia 3
91016 Erice (TP)
Italy
OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Andrea D'Angelo

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Erice (Monte San Giuliano) . Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome:Andrea D'Angelo
Luogo di nascita:Erice (Monte San Giuliano)
Data di nascita:1877-1879
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
D'angelo

Post by D'angelo »

Marty,
Thank You very much for the translation. That will really be helpful since I don't speak Italian beyond a handful of words and phrases. My Grandparents both passed away years before I was born in the 1960's, so sadly never had the pleasure of meeting them. It would have been neat to learn the language from them, but I will take some classes before I visit there when I get the opportunity. Thanks again. Tom
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

If you do not need a certified copy of the records, you can also view and copy the records on microfilm at your nearest LDS Family History Center...
They have the records on film for Monte San Giuliano (later Erice) from 1820-1910

https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library