Research

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
SonialovesFury

Research

Post by SonialovesFury »

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me with information about my father-in-laws family. His name Enrico D'Aquino born 1932 in Mirabella. I am trying to do a family tree and basically very little is known. I am unsure of his parents names though his father is possibly Erminio, there could have been 8 children only know of Luigi and Genesio and of course Enrico. These 3 migrated to Australia and I believe both Luigi and Genesio returned to Italy. Other than that its all that I know. I am waiting on archives here in Australia to open his immagrant records with possibly being able to locate information in that. Doesn't seem that the family have his birth certificate etc. I was hoping that someone may be able to guide me in the right direction to obtaining this document as I am sure it would list parents etc. thanks
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Research

Post by adelfio »

Fremantle, Western Australia, Passenger Lists, 1897-1963
Name:Enrico D'Aquino
Arrival Date:Sep 1954
Arrival Place:Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
Vessel:Oceania

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

There Family History Library film records of Mirabella Eclano (Avellino) only go the years 1809-1910 so you need to send for his birth act to get his parents info
If your sure about his birth town and year here you go try the email first if no response in 30 days go postal

Email: anagrafe@comune.mirabellaeclano.av.it

Ufficio dello Stato di Anagrafe
Comune di Mirabella Eclano
via Municipio 1 -
83036 Mirabella Eclano (Av)
Italy

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Enrico D'Aquino

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Mirabella Eclano. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome : Enrico D'Aquino
Luogo di nascita:Mirabella Eclano
Data di nascita: 1931-1933
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

You can e-mail the National Referencde Service in OZ at ref@naa.gov.au or call them at 1-300 886-881 (FAX 1-300-886) AND REQUEST THE RECORD YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WITH THE NECESSARY DETAILS. The majority of passenger records held by the National Archives of Australia date from 1924. Records prior to 1924 are kept by the State Governments. Peter
~Peter~
SonialovesFury

Post by SonialovesFury »

Thank you Marty I have now emailed to request his birth certificate so hopefully in due time I will receive that. I am also waiting on National Archives to open his file and this can take up to 90 days. I also requested his brothers Genesio's file , there was two for him so I am assuming that one was for his departure. Just have to wait now. Was hoping that someone on here may have already done a family tree for the D'Aquino's and there is mention of him somewhere. We have other D'Aquino's here in Australia and am waiting on a return call next week to see if they have information also. Thank you all so much for your help so far.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

http://www.geni.com/surnames/aquino with300+ profiles plus more info. Peter
~Peter~
SonialovesFury

Post by SonialovesFury »

Hi, I received the birth information for Enrico D'Aquino from the comune di mirabella eclano today but it seems to be like an extract. It only contains name date of birth and parents names. was hoping that it would contain siblings if any and an address and perhaps ages and occupations of parents. Should i write to the comune again an request further information if possible. what i received was free of charge. does Italy have full copies like here in Australia that payment is required. The only thing the certificate gave me was confirmation that grandfathers name was Erminio D'Aquino and the new bit was that grandmother was Maria Teresa Giannasca. Perhaps someone on her may be able to help me with this. thanks Sonia
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I would try for the marriage record of Erminio D'Aquino and Maria Teresa Giannasca
What year was Enrico D'Aquino born?

Marty

Marty
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

You have to request an "estratto integrale dell'atto di nascita"; it should be free of charge, but they might say it can be requested only by the person the act it refers to, if living.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.