Vigna & Misuraca Families - Aprigliano, Cosenza, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gberger8

Vigna & Misuraca Families - Aprigliano, Cosenza, Italy

Post by gberger8 »

Hello,

I've been researching my father's side of the family and have hit a brick wall and need help. My father was b. 1930, Giulio Emilio Vigna.

His father was Emilio Franceso Vigna, b. 1898 (Mesoraca, Catanzaro, Italy).

Emilio's parents were PIETRO VIGNA (b. 1873, Aprigliano, Cosenza, italy) and TERESA MISURACA. I'd like to know who Pietro's parents were - and also who Teresa's parents were (including maiden names of their mothers).

Teresa may be one in the same person as "Giulia Maria Teresa Misuraca, b. 13 Jan 1870, Aprigliano" but I have no way of knowing or proving that. Interestingly - the record I found for Giulia Maria Teresa Misuraca shows that her brother's name was Francesco (my grandfather's middle name) and my father's name is Giulio (perhaps named after Giulia?) Seems that Teresa and Giulia Maria Teresa could be the same person. Any help or assistance is greatly appreciated! Thank you :) Gerri
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Vigna & Misuraca Families - Aprigliano, Cosenza, Italy

Post by Tessa78 »

You may be interested in this site. There are people on the message board also searching the Vigna surname in Aprilgiano :-)

http://www.italianside.com/calabria/cos ... genealogy/

T.