Zacchigna/Marcon advice where to look ?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
WestAussie

Zacchigna/Marcon advice where to look ?

Post by WestAussie »

hey

I am chasing some information on 2 families

One would be a Eufemia Marcon. est dob late 1880s est death 1930 She had 3 children. I have been told previously Eufemia's father was a POW in Russia and was killed when she was younger. No proof yet of that as don't know name.

Another lady I have hit a dead end for is Caterina Favretto (Married name Zacchigna) She was believed to be born in 1906 and died in 1990 in western Australia. Caterina Married a Giuseppe Zacchigna ( born 1904)who was a child of Maria and Antonio Zacchigna.

Would anyone be able to point me in any direction where to look ?
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Zacchigna/Marcon advice where to look ?

Post by PippoM »

Hello,
do you have more info? For instance, do you have Giuseppe's birth, or marriage to Caterina (was it in Italy or Australia)?
Something about Eufemia's family?
The surnames seem to come from Venezia Giulia or Istria area (but probably you already know about it)
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
WestAussie

Re: Zacchigna/Marcon advice where to look ?

Post by WestAussie »

Hey

Thanks for he reply

All I know for sure is that Giuseppe Zacchigna and Caterina Favretto was born over there. I believe they were born a year or 2 apart. I got told Giuseppe was born in 1904 . I don't have a marriage date.

Eufemia Marcon was born roughly in the 1890s married a Vittorio Crevatin . She had 2 sons and a daughter Romilda who died at a young age. Ruggero who was born in Arpil 20 1920 another son Ferriciou ( not sure of correct spelling) or known as Romulus