confused over Italian document

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sntcall

confused over Italian document

Post by sntcall »

Hi, my family has been researching my Baroni line for 38 years and with no luck until 2months ago. I found them!! now im on a roll and have found some other family members but am confused by the online index i found. it is a roll of marriages and deaths. they are indexed alphabetically and numbered so you think this would be easy to find. but as i look at the documents before it and after it...they are not the right documents for theis index. where do i go next to search for the documents when the index is on a different film? this is the link and it is the white page after the #2 black screen on the page. the name is Angelo Baroni #51. but it is not where it should be......
https://familysearch.org/search/film/00 ... cc=2043830 any ideas????
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: confused over Italian document

Post by erudita74 »

Unfortunately, the records which go with the index in question are missing. It appears that there are no records between 1813 and 1865. Since there are two sets of indices preceding the 1866 records, I'm guessing the index in question could be from the deaths for 1864, but I have no way of confirming this information. I've looked through death records numbered 51 for the various years which do appear online, and his record is not there, nor does it appear in any of the other indices related to those years. You could try contacting the town directly, but I'm not sure that, in this case, it will help.
Erudita