birth certificate

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Sher

birth certificate

Post by Sher »

I have been trying to locate my g-grandfather's, Vincenzo Bisconti, birth certificate (1887) for quite some time. I recently found his parents marriage certificate (1892) in Pianella, Italy. As you can see, he was born 5 years before they got married. However that is not my biggest problem.

I found a notation on the bottom of their marriage certificate that states something about a child, Vincenzo Salute, born on May 13, 1887 (my g-grandfather's b-day) in Chieti, Italy. So I ordered the records for Chieti and found his birth certificate - it lists him as Vincenzo Salute and an orphan - with a notation off to the side stating "Salute Vincenzo e stato qual figlio legittimato da Bisconti Antonio e Chippiano Rosario per susequante matrimonio". Does this mean that he was considered illegitimate or that he was adopted?
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: birth certificate

Post by ricbru »

It means that your g-grandfather was considered illegitimate because born before marriage.
Surely somebody who last name was Salute recognized him as his son, because having child before marriage was a big shame,so they tryied to hide this shame.
So he was legitimate after marriage from the Bisconti's.
I hope it helps, bye ricbru