Antonio Da Vivo / Da Bibo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Rimdevivo

Antonio Da Vivo / Da Bibo

Post by Rimdevivo »

Buongiorno ,
Io no parlo Italiano. Scuze...
The granfather of my grandfather was named Antonio Da Vivo from either Sicily or Naples. His mother was of Guandolini family. He traveled from Italy to Lebanon in 1940, he used to own and drive a very big ship. He lived in Lebanon between 1840 and 1855. He married a lady from Beirut, Lebanon, and they both died in front of Byblos city in Lebanon on his ship around 1855 (approximative year) during a storm. He was a profesional naviguator. The father of my grand-father was orphaned at age seven and he had a sister aged 11 at that time. They were both raised by their maternal grand-mother in Beirut, Lebanon. My name is Rim Dbaibo (Dbaibo and Da Vivo and Da Bibo are written the same way in Arabic letters). On my mother passport it is always written Dbibo spouse. Also in Arabic , V and B is pronounced the same way (like in Spanish). I always tried to do searches on my grand-grand father Antonio Da Vivo, with no success. I hope you can help me, for the information and in memory of our roots.

N.B.:My father used to teach me a lot of Italian words, but learning a language without going to school is difficult...unfortunately. I do speak Italian without noticing it but only expressions not full sentences.

Grazie,
Ciao
Rim
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Antonio Da Vivo / Da Bibo

Post by adelfio »

I would try the surnames De Vivo and Guandalini

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Rimdevivo

Post by Rimdevivo »

Thank you so much Marty for your support.
To give you a quick hint on your search for Antonio De Vivo was a professional sailor that owned a big ship that transported goods, but also in cases of war princes, kings, and leaders of Europe between 1820 to 1855 will pay him for supporting them in naval wars (wars in the mediterranean sea). He had a ship that had arms and could bomb upon request of legal authorities in Europe). Those who criticize him say he was a pirate but in reality he was a filibuster which means he was politicized. He was Roman Catholic.
Rimdevivo

Post by Rimdevivo »

Sorry Marty, I got you wrong 😊, I though you will do tge search. Again thank you for your help. I will search for De Vivo and Guandalini.
Grazie mille,
Ciao,
Rim
Rimdevivo

Re: Antonio De Vivo / mother Guandalini

Post by Rimdevivo »

Buona sera a tutti,
Does anybody have any information concerning Antonio De Vivo (mother of Guandalini family)? He was a sailor by profession and lived in the period (approximatively) between 1805 and 1855. Does anyone have access to the baptisms in Italy at that time? He was Roman Catholic.
Grazie mile