Cappellari and Bertoldi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
NextMove

Cappellari and Bertoldi

Post by NextMove »

My grandfathers parents were Giovanni Cappellari and Domenica Bertoldi. My grandfather was (I think) born in Sospirolo, Veneto. How do I find where my great grand parents came from?
Thank you
Looking for the surnames Cappellari - Giacin - De Lorenzo - Da Roia - Teston - Mares - Troian - In Veneto.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Cappellari and Bertoldi

Post by Italysearcher »

Probably the same town, Italians don't move around much!
First get a copy of your Grandfather's birth record, then request his parents marriage record. That will tell you where they were born.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website first of all Sospirolo is a comune in the province of Belluno in the Italian region of Veneto, located about 80 kilometres north of Venice there are online records available if you give us some dates I think we can help you

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

NextMove wrote: 04 Sep 2017, 14:48 My grandfathers parents were Giovanni Cappellari and Domenica Bertoldi. My grandfather was (I think) born in Sospirolo, Veneto. How do I find where my great grand parents came from?
Thank you
Hi, I found in Sospirolo a marriage on 29 Dec 1890 #30
GROOM: Giovanni Cappellari 26 old, widow, municipal messenger, born and residing in Sospirolo, son of late Giuseppe Cappellari and of living Maria Teston
BRIDE: Maria Domenica Bertoldin, 22 old, single, farmer, born and residing in Sospirolo, daughter of Giacomo Bertoldin and Maria Teresa ... (no maiden name)
on the marriage record, the spouses recognizing the their daughter born outside of marriage on 8 Nov 1890 #133 1th part of Birth register, in Sospirolo, named Giovanna Cappellari

https://s26.postimg.org/t1i91t7gp/cappe ... toldin.jpg
I believe that the above record is abt your ancestors marriage... I am right?
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
gaspaol
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gaspaol »

The name of Maria Domenica Bertoldin's mother was Teresa Mares. She died after Sept. 1917 when her husband Giacomo Bertoldin died.
In the documents below you can also find the names of your great-great-great-grandparents.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ricerche genealogiche in Italia
https://gasppaol.wixsite.com/genealogia
NextMove

Post by NextMove »

Sorry I haven't replied earlier. Thank you so much for all the information!

Sadly, I cannot read the names in the last attachment. But I know far more than I did when I first posted :)
Looking for the surnames Cappellari - Giacin - De Lorenzo - Da Roia - Teston - Mares - Troian - In Veneto.
gaspaol
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gaspaol »

The parents of Giuseppe Cappellari were Giorgio Cappellari and Maria Troian
Ricerche genealogiche in Italia
https://gasppaol.wixsite.com/genealogia
NextMove

Post by NextMove »

Thank you gaspaol, you must have better eyes than me!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Happy to help you with my find!
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH