re: missing death records in luogosano avellino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

re: missing death records in luogosano avellino

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

searching for a death record for my paternal great great grandmother rosa martino. my paternal grandfathers paternal grandmother. i know she died between 1852(noted as living at my great grandfathers marriage)and 1884(noted as deceased in my great grandfathers death record).lived in luogosano all her life. widow of giovanni ricca. i checked the lds films for deaths in these years and found nothing. but the years 1862,1863,and 1865 are missing,and as she would have been about 80 by this time,its very possible she died in one of those years. these years are missing in both the civil records in luogosano and at the state archives. and nothing exists in the parish records(s.maria maggiore e.s.marcellino). wrote to the comune,the state archive,and the parish,with no luck. are there any other options i'm missing here? i think i've exhausted all the possibilities but checking anyway. any help or suggestions most appreciated.