Giuseppe "Joseph" Correnti Birth Records and Parents

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sandyleanza
Veteran
Veteran

Giuseppe "Joseph" Correnti Birth Records and Parents

Post by sandyleanza »

Hello, I am looking for Birth records for Giuseppe Correnti, and anything on his parents. I think his father is Mauro Correnti and his mother is Italia Lucis.

His WWI draft card listed his birth date of December 25 1889 in Floridia, Italy.

Giuseppe's Passenger record for arrival in the US states his mother is Italia Lucis. (I previously posted the record to get some idea what her name was since I couldn't make it out too well).

His brother Paolo, listed a father of Mauro in his passenger record.
Marcello_DAleo
Master
Master

Re: Giuseppe "Joseph" Correnti Birth Records and Parents

Post by Marcello_DAleo »

Unfortunately, the birth records of Floridia for that period are not available online.
Visit my web site!
Southern Italy Genealogical Center
http://www.sicilygenealogy.com/
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I checked 1888 and 1889 no luck then I found this
Possible birth record of Giuseppe Correnti
INDEX#7
1890 Jan 2nd in the town of Floridia birth of Giuseppe Correnti son of Pasquale Correnti age 28 tenant farmer and his wife Lucia Italia (first name Lucia )

CLICK ON IMAGE TO MAGNIFY
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
sandyleanza
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sandyleanza »

OMG, that is him alright!! Maybe Mauro was a brother?? Either way, I had this birthdate as an alternate!! YAY!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I copied this record but it is not that good a copy maybe someone give it a look next time I go to FHL I will get another copy

Marriage of Pasquale Correnti and Lucia Italia
INDEX#95
1886 Sept 4th in the town of Floridia marriage of Pasquale Correnti age 25 farmer born and resides in Floridia son of deceased Pietro Correnti and Giuseppa Basciotti ????married to Lucia Italia age 26 born and resides in Floridia daughter of Cesar?? Italia and Maria Zaino???

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
sandyleanza
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sandyleanza »

Yes, this copy is too blurry to make anything out.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Heres a clear record
Marriage of Pasquale Correnti and Lucia Italia
INDEX#95
1886 Sept 4th in the town of Floridia marriage of Pasquale Correnti age 25 farmer born and resides in Floridia son of deceased Pietro Correnti and Giuseppa Bucello married to Lucia Italia age 26 born and resides in Floridia daughter of Croce Italia Italia and Maria Faraci

Marty
sandyleanza
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sandyleanza »

Adelfio, Would you be able to check for other children of Pasquale Correnti and Lucia Italia in the 1880 or 1890's?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Next time Im at the Family History Center I will research for them

Marty

Marty
sandyleanza
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sandyleanza »

A family member of ours remembered a Cousin in Italy that she still speaks to. She put me in touch with hism, and with help from Google Translate, He was able to provide the names of the other children of Pasquale Correnti and Lucia Italia, which are:

Carmelina Correnti
Pietro Correnti
Salvatore Correnti
Antonino Correnti
Giuseppina Correnti
Maria Correnti