Roppolo, Capata, Corona, Ferlito, Russo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
brewjamb

Roppolo, Capata, Corona, Ferlito, Russo

Post by brewjamb »

Calogero P. ROPPOLO (Carlo P. Roppolo), born 17 Jan 1882, San Cipirello, Palermo, Sicily, died 27 Feb 1977, Shreveport, Caddo Parish, Louisiana. He arrived in New Orleans in 1902, and lived in Algiers, LA until the mid 1920's. He married, about 1907, Giovanna (Johanna) CAPATA, born 24 Jan 1891, San Giuseppe, Palermo, Sicily, died 22 Feb 1962, Shreveport, Caddo Parish, Louisiana.
Carlo P. ROPPOLO's brother, Nicholas J. ROPPOLO, born 1 Nov 1887, San Cipirello, Palermo, Sicily, died 28 Dec 1967, S'port, Caddo, LA, arrived in New Orleans in 1907.
Carlo P. ROPPOLO's funeral receipt lists his father as Angelo ROPPOLO and mother as Maria Gaetana. I don't believe his parents ever left Sicily. Carlo's obituary lists a sister, Mrs. Phillip RUSSO of Long Island, New York.
Johanna CAPATA's funeral receipt lists her father as Frank CAPATA and mother as Josephine CORONA, born about 1870, Sicily, died 29 Jul 1937, S'port, Caddo, LA. Frank CAPATA died in Sicily before 1900. Johanna CAPATA's mother, Josephine CORONA next married Leonardo J. FERLITO about 1903 in Sicily. Josephine and Leonardo had a daughter together, Annie FERLITO (married Leon CANDELA) in 1904 in Sicily. Leonardo, Josephine, Johanna, and Annie came to New Orleans, LA in 1905.

Can anyone tell me anything about Angelo Roppolo, Maria Gaetana, Frank Capata, or any of the others mentioned above? Any information at all about any of these folks would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Bryant Brewer
Bossier City, LA
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Roppolo, Capata, Corona, Ferlito, Russo

Post by wldspirit »

You have evidently done some research....could you be more specific in what it is you are looking for on these names?
wldspirit
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Hi,

About Cologero:

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 Recordinfo
about Caloggero Roppolo
Name: Caloggero Roppolo
City: New Orleans
County: Orleans
State: Louisiana
Birth Date: Feb 1882
Race: White
Roll: 1684927
DraftBoard: 13

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/5199/imagex3xy.gif

Social Security Death Index Recordinfo
about Carlo Roppolo
Name: Carlo Roppolo
SSN: 436-80-3785
Last Residence: 71101 Shreveport, Caddo, Louisiana, United States of America
Born: 17 Jan 1882
Died: Feb 1977
State (Year) SSN issued: Louisiana (1966 )

Wldspirit is right...what is it you were looking for and what have you already done?

Nuccia :D
brewjamb

Post by brewjamb »

All of the above info was easily found locally by visiting funeral homes and cemeteries, searching the library for obit's, census data and WW1 draft cards. What I was hoping to find is Maria Gaetana Roppolo's maiden name, possibly birth and death information on Angelo and Maria G. Roppolo, or Frank Capata. Also, did Carlo and Nicholas Roppolo have anymore siblings other than Mrs. Phillip Russo?
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Here is a link to the LDS films for the civil registration of San Cipirello. You can rent these films at your local Family History Center.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++

You should be able to found his birth act of 17 Jan 1882 with mother's maiden name listed.
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.