Carlo Fanucci, Northern California

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
GeoFan49

Carlo Fanucci, Northern California

Post by GeoFan49 »

Cousin-search: looking for my grand uncle's descendants:

4. Carlo (Giuseppe) FANUCCI was born 22 Aug 1890 in Italy, and died 29 Oct 1966 in San Francisco, California. He married Eva (Evidea) GEMIGNANI 17 Jul 1911 in Viareggio. Lucca, Italy. She was born ABT 1891 in Viareggio, Lucca, Italy.

Children of Carlo (Giuseppe) FANUCCI and Eva (Evidea) GEMIGNANI are:
  • Joseph C FANUCCI was born 1 Dec 1911 in Italy, and died 23 Jul 1972 in San Rafael, Marin, California.
  • Josephine FANUCCI was born 15 Feb 1913 in Italy, and died 6 May 1994. Josephine PUCCETTI?
  • Lena FANUCCI was born 3 May 1914 in California. Lena REED?
  • Aldo G FANUCCI was born 7 Oct 1919 in Nevada, and died 7 Oct 2003 in Belmont, San Mateo, California.
  • Harry Henry FANUCCI was born 16 Aug 1923 in Nevada, and died 25 Jun 1994 in Ukiah, Mendocino, California.
Any connections or suggestions?

===

Surnames in Genealogy and Family Tree database, as of 2005: Alamo, Arend, Bailey, Bemi, Bertolani, Bertolucci, Bless, Blesz, Bressoud, Bulleri, Campbell, Canepa, Capella, Chapman, Conde, Crandall, De Brum, Decker, Demiguel, Douw, Fanucci, Ferroggiaro, Fray, Gemignani, Glen, Gray, Hack, Hageman, Hanawahine, Harper, Heck, Henderlite, Hereford, Hillyer, Hohenfeld, Kleist, Lane, Leaver, Lewis, Lichtenstern, Lievre, Lindholm, Machado, Madruga, Marabotti, Marchetti, Martinelli, Matthew, McCabe, McGuire, McKee, Medina, Molinari, Morini, Moyes, Na, Neel, Nettler, Nordberg, Ollman, Osborn, Pardini, Peek, Pell, Pimentel, Plateroti, Pritchard, Puccetti, Putman, Quevedo, Ravezzani, Reece, Reed, Reid, Rodriguez, Salamina, Salladay, Salmina, Seib, Shankle, Simoes, Steinmetz, Stephens, Strickland, Suhr, Tomei, Tooley, Trout, Truitt, Ubaldi, Van Epps, Van Patten, Veeder, Wadkins, Watkins, Westh, Westphal, Wheeler, Zanger... also Pellegrini (Sacramento, 1907)
Fanucci, Bertolani, Bertolucci
http://www.fanucci.us/genealogy.html
N. California and Tuscany, Italy (Toscana, Italia)
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Carlo Fanucci, Northern California

Post by suanj »

GeoFan49 wrote:Cousin-search: looking for my grand uncle's descendants:

4. Carlo (Giuseppe) FANUCCI was born 22 Aug 1890 in Italy, and died 29 Oct 1966 in San Francisco, California. He married Eva (Evidea) GEMIGNANI 17 Jul 1911 in Viareggio. Lucca, Italy. She was born ABT 1891 in Viareggio, Lucca, Italy.

• Joseph C FANUCCI was born 1 Dec 1911 in Italy, and died 23 Jul 1972 in San Rafael, Marin, California.
  • Josephine FANUCCI was born 15 Feb 1913 in Italy, and died 6 May 1994. Josephine PUCCETTI?
  • Aldo G FANUCCI was born 7 Oct 1919 in Nevada, and died 7 Oct 2003 in Belmont, San Mateo, California.
  • Harry Henry FANUCCI was born 16 Aug 1923 in Nevada, and died 25 Jun 1994 in Ukiah, Mendocino, California.
Any connections or suggestions?

===

Surnames in Genealogy and Family Tree database, as of 2005: Alamo, Arend, Bailey, Bemi, Bertolani, Bertolucci, Bless, Blesz, Bressoud, Bulleri, Campbell, Canepa, Capella, Chapman, Conde, Crandall, De Brum, Decker, Demiguel, Douw, Fanucci, Ferroggiaro, Fray, Gemignani, Glen, Gray, Hack, Hageman, Hanawahine, Harper, Heck, Henderlite, Hereford, Hillyer, Hohenfeld, Kleist, Lane, Leaver, Lewis, Lichtenstern, Lievre, Lindholm, Machado, Madruga, Marabotti, Marchetti, Martinelli, Matthew, McCabe, McGuire, McKee, Medina, Molinari, Morini, Moyes, Na, Neel, Nettler, Nordberg, Ollman, Osborn, Pardini, Peek, Pell, Pimentel, Plateroti, Pritchard, Puccetti, Putman, Quevedo, Ravezzani, Reece, Reed, Reid, Rodriguez, Salamina, Salladay, Salmina, Seib, Shankle, Simoes, Steinmetz, Stephens, Strickland, Suhr, Tomei, Tooley, Trout, Truitt, Ubaldi, Van Epps, Van Patten, Veeder, Wadkins, Watkins, Westh, Westphal, Wheeler, Zanger... also Pellegrini (Sacramento, 1907)

well Carlo Fanucci age 22, came in USA Apr 09, 1912 port of departure: Genoa , with Eridea wife age 22, and Giuseppe son age 4 (months or years?), joining Tito Fannucci brother and coming from Migliarino (Pisa province); Migliarino is also the birthplace of family; in Migliarino was Emilia Fannucci mother of Carlo...

Migliarino is a hamleth of Vecchiano town in Pisa province, so for all civil records you can send a request here:
Servizi Demografici Comune di Vecchiano
demografici @ comune.vecchiano.pisa.it NO SPACES

and please to specifier that your ancestors was born in Migliarino Pisano hamleth of Vecchiano.
About the marriage in Viareggio I have some doubts, also if it can be possible, because Vecchiano (and hamleths) is no far from Viareggio...
hoping helpful, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
GeoFan49

Post by GeoFan49 »

Thank you for your help, suanj.

Carlo Fanucci in RootsWeb.com database

-- George
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

GeoFan49 wrote:Cousin-search: looking for my grand uncle's descendants:

Hi there,

The Family History Center does have microfilm for the town of Viareggio.
The film costs about $5.75 a roll. The films go from 1935-1866. On the films you can find copies of the Birth, Marriage, and Death Acts of your ancestors. Here is the link for the film numbers.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50

There are also church records for the town
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0

Here is the link to find the nearest Family History Center.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

Or you can always write to the town like Suanj stated.

Here is the information on Carlo in the 1920 Census. Per this census, Carol came to the USA about 1912 and Eva and son, Giuseppe, came in 1914. Carlo also Petitioned to be Naturalized.

Name: Carlo Fanucci
Estimated birth year: abt 1890
Birthplace: Italy
Race: White
Home in 1920: Montello, Elko, Nevada
Home owned: Rent
Sex: Male
Marital status: Married
Relation to Head of House: Head
Year of immigration: 1912
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Image: 383
Image Source: Year: 1920; Census Place: Montello, Elko, Nevada; Roll: T625_1004; Page: 1B; Enumeration District: 14; Image: 383

Here is Carlo and Family in the 1930 census. Per this Census, it stated they all came in 1912 and Carlo was already Naturalized.

Estimated birth year: abt 1891
Relation to head-of-house: Head
Spouse's Name: Eva Fanucci
Race: White
Home in 1930: San Francisco, San Francisco, California
Image source: Year: 1930; Census Place: San Francisco, San Francisco, California; Roll: 209; Page: 9A; Enumeration District: 385; Image: 381.0

Here is Carlo's death inforamtion
Name: FANUCCI, CARLO
Social Security #: 560013901
Sex: MALE
Birth Date: 27 Aug 1890
Birthplace: ITALY
Death Date: 29 Oct 1966
Death Place: SAN FRANCISCO
Mother's Maiden Name: BARTOLUC
Father's Surname:

Here is his WWI Darft Card information. Per his Draft Card he was born in
Migliarino, Pisa, Tuscany, Italy

City: Not Stated
County: Solano
State: California
Birth Date: 22 Aug 1890
Race: Caucasian
Roll: 1544334
DraftBoard: 0

There isn't any microfilm for the town, so you will have to write directly to the town for records. Here is the address.

Ufficio Stato Civile
Comune di Migliarino
Piazza della Repubblica 1
44027 Migliarino (FE) -
ITALY

Here is the official website.
http://www.comune.migliarino.fe.it/

Here is a link to help you translate you letter into Italian.
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

I hope this helps some.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
GeoFan49

Post by GeoFan49 »

I found this, in Italian:

www.comune.pisa.it/doc/vecchiano/anagrafe/Anag.htm

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

And a very rough, automatic translation:

home>Demographic Services - registry office

REGISTRY OFFICE

The office registry office cures the estate and the modernization of the file of the population resident. Every person resident has one own containing card the essential data: name, last name, place and date of birth, citizenship, marital status, address, profession and tito it of study. The family cards exist then, that the persons comprise all who belong to one same identifying family. They belong to a same identifying family those who cohabit in one same real estate unit. The identifying file is modernized as a result of to the births and to the dead men (natural movement) and as a result of immigrations and to the emigrations from Common (the migratory movement). Moreover address, marital status, etc are modernized to all the other news ().
GeoFan49

Post by GeoFan49 »

Trish, Thank you very much, for the info, and the links.

Last year I was told that the records for Migliarino are kept at Vecchiano (near Pisa). There is another Migliarino in Ferrara, too!
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Give me a few & I'll link images of censuses & draft card.

:) :)
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

GeoFan49 wrote:Trish, Thank you very much, for the info, and the links.

Last year I was told that the records for Migliarino are kept at Vecchiano (near Pisa). There is another Migliarino in Ferrara, too!
Hi There,

You're right, the fingers moved faster than the mind at times.lol

Il Comune di Vecchiano fa parte di:
Parco di Migliarino, San Rossore, Massaciuccoli

However, I also found this on the maps..... Migliarino Pisano, Pisa, Tuscany, Italy

Here is the address for Vecchiano

Ufficio Stato Civile
Comune di Vecchiano
Via G. B. Barsuglia, 182
56019 Vecchiano PI
ITALY

There is also microfilm for Vecchiano.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50

Sorry for the error of the Migliarino (FE).

And thank you for posting the census and WWi Draft card for me.

Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

GeoFan49 wrote:Thank you for your help, suanj.

Carlo Fanucci in RootsWeb.com database

-- George
Hi george, as already I posted your ancestors was of Migliarino hamleth of Vecchiano town, in Pisa province, and already I provided you the right address, so I don't understand your other doubts... as you can see also from draft registration card by Joyce, Migliarino ( in Vecchiano) Pisa is the birthplace.
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
GeoFan49

Post by GeoFan49 »

Thank you all, the information on Carlo Fanucci is helpful. The database at RootsWeb needs updating now.

I am still seeking information for ancestors, any other siblings, and descendants. Just trying to fill a few gaps in the information collected last year.

Fanucci, Bertolani, Bertolucci near Pisa/Lucca in 1850-1910?

I may need to seek out the LDS micfofilm and the Vecchiano records office, to get further information.

Do the birth records usually list the parent's names and ages?
97jetta

Post by 97jetta »

My name is Scot Hunsperger. Harry Henry Fanucci was my grandfather. I live in Federal Way, WA. My Mom is Joyce Fanucci his daughter. I have more info just let me know where to send it.

Scot

Nice to meet you.

Harry Henry FANUCCI was born 16 Aug 1923 in Nevada, and died 25 Jun 1994 in Ukiah, Mendocino, California.
GeoFan49

Post by GeoFan49 »

Scot,

Thanks for your message. I've just ent you an email. I've been looking forward to filling in gaps in the Carlo Fanucci branch of our family tree!

George

___

There are some gaps to fill, and corrections needed here:
___

http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi? ... fan&id=I52

First generation:

1 Carlo (Giuseppe) FANUCCI b: 22 Aug 1890 d: 29 Oct 1966
+ Eva (Evidea) GEMIGNANI b: ABT 1891

Second, third generations:

2 Joseph C FANUCCI b: 1 Dec 1911 d: 23 Jul 1972
(wife? children?)

2 Josephine FANUCCI b: 15 Feb 1913 d: 6 May 1994
+ ___ PUCCETTI

3 Living PUCCETTI
3 Living PUCCETTI

2 Lena FANUCCI b: 3 May 1914
+ _____ REED

3 Living REED

2 Aldo G FANUCCI b: 7 Oct 1919 d: 7 Oct 2003
(wife? children?)

2 Harry Henry FANUCCI b: 16 Aug 1923 d: 25 Jun 1994
(wife? children?)
tscala2019

Post by tscala2019 »

Hello, I am the grandaughter of Aldo Fanucci. He was married to Lorraine Porter from San Francisco. They had two daughters, one of which is my mother Margaret (Peggy) Anne Fanucci. My mother had three children, my two brothers and myself.

So George, was your father, brother's with my great grandfather? And Scot's grandfather my grandfather's brother. Very cool. I was quite close to my grandparents. Aldo was a very well liked, talented, and charismatic man.

Most kindly,

Tracy Scala