Gabriele Paone

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
harmony man

Gabriele Paone

Post by harmony man »

Please does anyone have any information about Gabriele Paone, who was born in Resina now Ercolano Napoli in 1911. His father was Guiseppe Paone and mother was Assumpta Mauro Paone. He was enlisted in The Mariedepo at Taranto the Italian Navy and served in the Submarine service.
Thankyou.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Gabriele Paone

Post by suanj »

Hi, Gabriele was born in Resina/Ercolano on 10 sep 1915 #775 (no 1911) son of Giuseppe and Assunta Mauro.
here the index
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=3006556
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
harmony man

Post by harmony man »

Dear Suanj, thank you for your help with the search for information about Gabriele Paone. This record is definitely correct. I am trying to understand further information on the record sheet, which mentions other names who show the same father and mother's names. Could it be that these are siblings of Gabriele?

Gabriele was my father who I did not know, because of wartime circumstances. I have received some information about him from the Croce Rossa Italian, who made enquiries through the Italian Ministry of the Internal Affairs- Department for military personal-Division marine personal documentation.

The information showed that he enlisted in the Italian Navy Maridepo at Taranto on 15th October 1936, then went to Marina Durazzo in Albania on 7th April 1939. He was taken prisoner by the Germans on 9th September 1943. He managed to escape in Belgium on 1st May 1944 and was at liberty until 22nd August 1944 when he was taken prisoner by the British. He was taken to a Prisoner of war camp in South Wales and was released on 1st April 1946. While in South Wales he met my mother and I was born on 17th January 1946. My mother who has since passed away wrote to me and told me that they wanted to marry, the priest who they saw would not marry them, because at that time the law in Britain did not allow marriage between Prisoners of war and British Nationals,( this law was not removed until 1948). He then returned to Naples and was discharged on 2nd April 1946.

I would like to find, any further information that would tell me and my family a little more about him. I know that he was an officer a sottocapo in the Submarine service. I would think that he has passed away by now as has my mother some years ago. I live in Jersey Channel Islands am married with 2 daughters and 3 granddaughters. For their information I would also like to find any further family members that may exist.
Once again, I thank you for your reply and wish you well in these weird and unusual times.
Please take care and keep safe from this terrible virus.
Godbless,
Paul Dwyer
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

From Pagine Bianche:

PAONE ANTONIO
Via Marittima 18 - 80056 Ercolano (NA) | mappa
tel: 081 7776141

PAONE ASSUNTA
Via Rossi Alessandro - 80056 Ercolano (NA) | mappa
tel: 081 7397088

PAONE GABRIELE
Corso Italia 70 - 80056 Ercolano (NA) | mappa
tel: 081 7392198

PAONE LUISA
Via Fontana 28 - 80056 Ercolano (NA) | mappa
tel: 081 7393003

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I understand …. no rare… however I remember this search maybe was already made on IG forum….
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH