Benedetto Maffei

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran

Benedetto Maffei

Post by Rick Berni »

Hi All and Buona Pasqua,

I hope that someone can help me find relatives that may be in the Chicago area. My grandfather's first cousin is Benedetto Maffei. He was born in Modugno Bari Puglia Feb 19 1881. His parents are Giuseppe Maffei and Rosa Lomoro. Benedetto came to Ellis Island on May 23 1903. He eventually made it to Chicago and lived at 147 Grand ave.
I have an entry as his wife being Antonia Cozzi who was born in 1889 in Bari Puglia but I have no documentation for this. I would like to find any descendants of Benedetto in hopes of contacting them. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
Rick
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Benedetto Maffei

Post by Italysearcher »

Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

By a public genealogic tree, I don't know if the infos are accurate, Benedetto had 3 sons:
Giuseppe maffei b. 1911
Nicola Maffei b. 1914
Vito Maffei b. 4 JAN 1926 Modugno, Bari, IT d. 17 feb 1993 Los Angeles, CA, USA
Vito born in Modugno...

NOME: Vito Maffei
RAZZA: White (Europoide)
DATA NASCITA: 4 Jan 1926 (4 gen 1926)
LUOGO DI NASCITA: Modugno Bari, Italy (Italia)
DATA DECESSO: 17 feb 1993
PADRE: Benedetto Maffei
MADRE: Antonia Cozzi
SSN: 571789431
NOTE: Jan 1966: Name listed as VITO MAFFEI
if you can find a obituary, you will find more infos..
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rick Berni »

Thank You so much for this suanj. I have been racking my brains out trying to figure out why I couldn't find anything on Benedetto. You are correct about Giuseepe, Nicola and Vito. I also found Anna Maffei married Sabino Mastrorilli. Anna was born in 1930 and died in 2014. Sabino was born Aug 3 1932 in Palo del Colle Puglia. These findings came from My Heritage, so I don't have any documentation. It appears then, that Benedetto went back to Italy?
There is one thing that makes some sense to me about Vito.
My uncle left Toronto to go live with a relative in Los Angeles but eventually came back to Toronto. I never knew who the relative was but it must have been Vito. Interestingly enough, my uncle's name is also Vito. I will start looking for any children that Vito had. I am hoping that they are still alive and living in California or somewhere in the U.S.
Again, thank you for finding this info for me. I really appreciate it.
Rick
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

In Los angeles was two Vito Maffei, the your died on 1993 and another on 2006 if I remember well... so to search a obituary could be helpful to know more... Best regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rick Berni »

Thank you again suanj. I will definitely search for the death certificates.

Rick
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rick Berni »

I would appreciate some help (direction) in finding an obituary or death notice for Vito Maffei. Suanj found the death of the Vito I am looking for on a genealogical tree as seen above but I can't find any documentation. I did find the obit for the Vito Maffei who died in 2006 as suanj mentioned but I cannot seem to find the 1993 obit.

Thank You,
Rick
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi the owner of genealogic tree is Guido Barbieri and I believe that you can contact it by ancestry.com, and Vito had 1 daughter and two sons.. but no the name are on for privacy law...
https://www.ancestry.it/family-tree/per ... 0361/facts
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rick Berni »

Thanks for the information suanj. The only problem is that I don't have an Ancestry Membership. I will try to find Guido Barbieri through some other means.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I believe, if I remember well that the genealogic tree are fre so need to have a free account on ancestry.com.. you can read better on the website, but I remember that was free abt the genealogic tree, so then if I remember well, you can contact directly by ancestry.com

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rick Berni »

Thank You suanj. I will try this.
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rick Berni »

Hi Suanj,
I did as you suggested and made a free account in Ancestry. However, when I wanted to see the tree for Vito, I had to pay to become a member, in order to see it. Thanks for all you help though. I really appreciate it.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Oh, maybe they changed, I have a italian account (ancestry.it), but before, some year ago, I had just a free account and the genealogic trees was free.. Sorry, you can delete your account when you want, otherwise is renewed by itself. Hoping that Guido reply you.. This is what I found no more I searched so much but seeming that Vito had a normal and simply life. And no further infos. Just to hope in Guido reply if he know more.. It is just a hope...
Regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rick Berni »

Thank you for your help suanj. I will keep trying.
Rick
Maffeib

Post by Maffeib »

Hello Rick,

This is Benny Maffei, Vito Maffei's son. My grandfather was Benedetto Maffei. Who are you and are you related to the Maffei family? If so, how?