Sicilians in Lazio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Sicilians in Lazio

Post by MarcuccioV »

My maternal grandparents hailed from Valmontone, SE of Rome in Lazio. As far as I can trace the family paper, I can find no one except a 3GGm that was from outside of town (and she was from Labico, formerly Lugnano) which is a neighboring village.

Yet my ancestry makeup (on multiple matrices) includes such ethnicities as Sicilian, Greek, & other Mediterranean. My mtDNA full-sequence subclade is U3b2, which is predominantly Sicilian. My grandfather's surname is also found with relative frequency in Sicily, albeit it is found elsewhere as well.

So my question is, does anyone else with family history in Lazio carry any Sicilian that you can or cannot trace..?

I'm wondering if it comes from a Sicilian founder population in the area and whether it's origination can be dated..?

Probably another wild goose chase, but you can't learn anything if you don't ask...
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will eventually collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci DelBrusco Falera Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Re: Sicilians in Lazio

Post by MarcuccioV »

I noticed that my post has been viewed many times with no responses, so I have to assume no one with familial origins in Lazio has any deeper roots in Sicily..?
Mark

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci DelBrusco Falera Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

If you search the forum, you'll find someone else had a similar concern, possible Sicilian origins for a foundling ancestor born in Rome in the late 1800s. I believe she suspected a Sicilian mother.
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

MarcuccioV wrote: 05 Aug 2021, 03:40 I noticed that my post has been viewed many times with no responses, so I have to assume no one with familial origins in Lazio has any deeper roots in Sicily..?
You'd get more responses if you worked in a translation request.
MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Post by MarcuccioV »

darkerhorse wrote: 05 Aug 2021, 04:40
MarcuccioV wrote: 05 Aug 2021, 03:40 I noticed that my post has been viewed many times with no responses, so I have to assume no one with familial origins in Lazio has any deeper roots in Sicily..?
You'd get more responses if you worked in a translation request.
Seems that way, I suppose. Maybe a response will come. Just wanted to bring it up top again...
Mark

MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Post by MarcuccioV »

darkerhorse wrote: 05 Aug 2021, 04:39 If you search the forum, you'll find someone else had a similar concern, possible Sicilian origins for a foundling ancestor born in Rome in the late 1800s. I believe she suspected a Sicilian mother.
Thanks. I'll look for it.
Mark