Perrotti (Perrotta) from Forino, Avellino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Marhabaydana

Perrotti (Perrotta) from Forino, Avellino

Post by Marhabaydana »

Hi!

I am seeking birth and marriage certificates for my paternal greatgrandparents, both born and married in Forino, Avellino.

My greatgrandfather was Luciano Perrotti (the surname is recorded as Perrotta on the marriage certificate and on one of the passenger arrival logs to the USA). Born on August 12, 1868.

His wife was Cristina Violante. Born on February 11, 1878. Their marriage was on October 24, 1898.

I have found scans of these documents on http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 2.jpg.html

I am applying for Italian Dual Citizenship through Luciano (he never naturalized in the USA). I would appreciate any information about how to request these documents from the municipality of Forino, Avellino, via the USA. Do the documents need an apostille? I plan to apply through the Houston TX consulate (if they ever start taking appointments again!)

I am also worried about the spelling of Perrotti/vs Perrotta...on the 1910 census it was spelled "Perrotta", but on the arrival log when Luciano arrived with Cristina and their first born son, it was spelled "Perrotti". On his USA death certificate it was Perrotti, and this is our family's spelling.

Thank you kindly!

Dana Perrotti
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Perrotti (Perrotta) from Forino, Avellino

Post by PippoM »

You can write to

anagrafe@comune.forino.av.it

If you go through the consulate for your citizenship, I think you won't need an apostille.
But if you have to provide it to an American Office, you will need one.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.