Juan Russo, born around 1878 in Calabria

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Granadabuenosaires
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Juan Russo, born around 1878 in Calabria

Post by Granadabuenosaires »

I know because I actually have the birth certificate of Giovanni Russo and Rosa Ierace but the problem with this is that this Giovanni Russo is born in 1883 and the death certifcate of Giovanni(Juan) Russo says he was born in 1883. And because the death certificate of Juan Russo says the father was Vicenzo Russo and the mother Dominga Tablar I think they are 2 different persons.

I also tried to get a record from the camara electoral with the birth certificate of Giovanni Russo but I could not get it because the dates of birth were not the same.

So basically I think the birth certificate of Giovanni Russo from Gioa Tauro born in 1883 was not my great grand father, but I have to look for another Giovanni Russo, father Vicenzo, born in Calabria in 1878.

Any idea how I can get this

How big are the chances that somewhere along the line Rosa Ierace was writen as dominga Tablar?

I personally think very slim
Granadabuenosaires
Rookie
Rookie

I am going to write my case in a big summary

I have all the documents from Argentina except the marriage certificate of Giovanni Russo and Carmen Bustos.

I started a search in 2007 for the name Giovanni Russo without a death certificate(a mistake!). I founded a record of a 14 year old Giovanni Russo who travelled to BA in 1897. On the same boat there were 2 other Russo´s. According to the stories I know he traveled with his brother and uncle. Luigi Russo was 18 and Samuele Russo in his 40´s. They also travelled from Naples. This was most likely to be the Giovanni Russo I was looking for. After that I gave a agency those dates and about 3 months later they founded the birth certificate from Giovanni Russo, born in 1883 in Goia Tauro, mother Rosa Ierace and father Vicenzo Russo.

After I got the death certificate there was a age difference of 5 years(1883 vs 1878) and the name of the father is correct but the mother is Dominga Tablar. There is 0% doubt that the death certificate is not from Juan Russo, so the problem is with the birth certificate.

So right now I am looking for

Name: Giovanni Russo
Year of Birth: 1878
Mother: Dominga Tablar
Father: Vicenzo Russo
Place of Birth: Calabria, Italy

Any chances to find this person?
Granadabuenosaires
Rookie
Rookie

I am still pretty sure that this is the Giovanni Russo is who travelled

Cognome
RUSSO

Nome
GIOVANNI

Parentela
X

Stato civile
Celibe/Nubile

Professione
JORNALERO

Religione
CATOLICA

Porto d'imbarco
NAPOLES

Nave
ESPAGNE

Data d'arrivo
10-01-1897

And this was his brother

Cognome
RUSSO

Nome
LUIGI

Parentela
X

Stato civile
Celibe/Nubile

Professione
JORNALERO

Religione
CATOLICA

Porto d'imbarco
NAPOLES

Nave
ESPAGNE

Data d'arrivo
10-01-1897

Istruzione
Sa

Classe
Terza

And this was his uncle

Cognome
RUSSO

Nome
SAMUELE

Parentela
X

Stato civile
Sposato/a

Professione
JORNALERO

Religione
CATOLICA

Porto d'imbarco
NAPOLES

Nave
ESPAGNE

Data d'arrivo
10-01-1897

Istruzione
Non sa

Classe
Terza

Let´s say that in the townhall of Gioa Tauro is a record of Luigi Russo(father Vincenzo and mother Rosa Ierace) does that mean that the birth certificate is right and the death certificate wrong?

Can anybody check if there is a record of Luigi(and Samuele) Russo in Goia Tauro?